Sign in to follow this  

Kelly Smith raced at my track today!

They had an extreme moto day at my track. 30min+ a lap, they were racing for $3000. It was for the top riders to do. I didn't do it cause it was $50 to enter. Smith showed up and raced, it was really cool. I haven't seen him at my home track in a couple of years, but back then he was still a privateer. He also raced 250A and 125A. At my track they race A/B together. I raced 125B and didn't get lapped by him in about a 15 minute moto. That was really cool. So here are a few pictures of the racing today.

Extreme moto start

extrememotostart.jpg

Extreme moto top 3. Kelly Smith, Justin Johns, and some other rider, i can't remember his name, oops.

winners.jpg

Smith chasing down Justin Johns (a local pro). He actually held him off for about 2 laps. He wasn't really slowing Smith down too much. It looked like Justin got tired and Smith ended up pulling away. His corner speed was on par with Smith

justinandsmith.jpg

Here is a couple of Smith Jumping the big quad. They actually are doubling two table tops. It is 85 feet with very little room for error on the landing.

smithquad2.jpg

smithquad.jpg

And A victim of the quad. Two riders that I saw went down jumping it today. Its a fairly dangerous jump to do.

quadvictim.jpg

Some of him cornering

smithcornering2.jpg

smithcornering.jpg

And one of me

me.jpg

That was awesome man!!!

I feel sorry for the guy that cased that quad jump.

Eric McCrummen and ugh I cant think of his name right now but he is gncc number one on suzuki ride at my track all the time

The Allesi brothers, Kyle Lewis, and Sarah (or is it Jessica, damn I forget) Patterson rode at our track couple weeks ago. Thats awomse stuff dude, its cool you didn't get embarrased by him too.

It was sweet to see him out there. He doesn't come up here very often. The only other sorta famous rider I remembr coming here is Sarah Whitmore. The track is Bay Racing. It's cool to watch a pro on the nationals tracks, but I liked it more on my track because I could really watch how he was riding a track I ride on too.

I was out there Saturday. You dont have any pics of me posted??? J/K I was there Saturday though.

Who crashed on the 2 tabletops?

Sweet another person that's been to Bay Racing. I was out there Sunday. There was a guy, number 570 on a Honda CRF450, its a regular there, I don't know his name. He came up short and boucned sideways and nose down into the face of the last double there. It was a nasty crash but he was up and walking pretty quick.

The pic of the downed rider I posted, I'm not sure who it was, but he landed on someone who didn't jump it. They were down for quite a while there.

The Suzuki #1 GNCC plate is the legendary Rodney Smith. He raced motocross for years but has been sidelined this year from braking his tib/fib in a preseason motocross mishap. He was the national champ in Brazil, I think. He's 41 freakin' years old and routinely hands guys 1/2 his age their butts! Awesome rider. He and Jason Raines, previously mentioned in this post, had an epic battle for the GNCC championship last year. Jason holds the #1 plate for the last 2 years in the National Hare Scrambles Series and #2 for the last 2 years in the GNCC.

Saturday was the first time I had ever been there but I plan on going back for the next race weekend. I really liked it there. It's very fast and sandy and that's what I like.

Its a fun track to ride. You should try coming out on a Wednesday night for practice. It is usually open riding until about 6pm when they start separating the big bikes and the minis for track time

Its a fun track to ride. You should try coming out on a Wednesday night for practice. It is usually open riding until about 6pm when they start separating the big bikes and the minis for track time

I have a problem with riding with little bikes and big bikes together. I've hit a couple kids and dont want that to happen again. Last time almost cost me my knee which is still recovering. I've vowed never to ride with little bikes again.