Sign in to follow this  

DRZ125L bogging and sputtering

Now lately I have Experienced problems with my DRZ125 and its confusing. Now After about 15 minutes of hard accelaration my DRZ125 starts to cut out, bog and wants to stall, But I pull over shut off the engine and wait 1-2 mins. and it is fine. Usually the bogging only occurs over woops 5th gear wide open. &%$#@!!!! And the clamps on the carb arent holding The carb on the ports. We even got heavy duty hose clamps and the rear port wont stay on. I think that the carb (not wanting to stay on) at ther gap between the carb and the airbox manifold is leaking air and this is causing the bogging and cutting out. Also im soon getting the PC T-4 pipe will the improved exhaust flow stop the bogging????

Please help,

Jonathan

PS: here are the mods to my bike (Involving exhaust and air): air box cut open, billet exhaust endcap

If you are sucking air, this is VERY BAD. On two strokes, it would result in a piston seizure.

Check your float bowl level. The 'whoops" part use to be a problem on some bikes due to the float level.

With your new pipe, you WILL have to re-jet for optimal performance (hopefully just the main jet, and maybe your fuel screw).

Ok thanks well, ill check it out when I rejet for the pipe when I get it 🙂 I dont think im sucking air though, its secure enough to keep out dirty air.

Thanks alot!

My bike is doing exactly the same thing. There is a long stretch of mild whoops (probably 3/4 of a mile) that I take flat out in 5th. At the end the the stretch it bogs and dies. After a few seconds it fires right up and runs normally. My thought was the carb floats. I recently reset them according to the shop manual specs, but maybe I did it wrong?

P.S. I did check for air leaks (starting fluid method). None found.

I cured my bike by resetting the float level. I guess I must have done it wrong the first time. Now it does not bog and die after a long, fast bumpry stretch.

The spec is 18.9mm (+ or - 1 mm). I set it closer to 17.9. It still leaves a puddle on the floor if I forget to turn the gas off, however.