Sign in to follow this  

Riding By Yourself

Just wanted to know how many people ride by theirselves through trails and the woods. And if you do what do you carry in a situation such as a crash 🙂 , just curious on what people are doing out there, also im short a riding buddy probably for the summer now, so i might be riding by myself some times.

If your going out riding by yourself (which isnt the best idea) carry a cell phone with you, and tell someone at your house where your going and when you plan to come back just in case something happens. Also, step the riding down a notch or two so you dont end up breaking a leg or something when there isnt anyone around to help ya.

its a bad idea all around. I did it once, drove 45mins out to my bros land, ridden there tons of times and was just out cruising and washed out in a turn. I didnt really hurt myself too bad but it clicked that if I had I would be screwed, no cell service and no one really knew I was out riding. I know it sucks but find someone, anyone even if they are on a quad:)

I ride by myself at least every other week, sometimes weekly. 25 - 30 mile loop usually. I let my wife know where I'll be and who to call if I don't come back. Or I'll leave a note on my truck which way I went.

Besides plenty of water I also bring my cell phone, knife, compass, lighter, tools, and energy bar. I don't ride as hard as I would when I'm with others but I do have fun and get a good workout. There's always a risk, but lifes full of them. Better to ride with a bud but hey, sometimes you just want to go and nobody's available.

I do.

I don't bring much. It's usually just the trails around my house but sometimes I take excursions. That's part of the fun, knowing it's just you and your bike against the world.

I have to tell you though, that I also take solo back packing trips into the wilderness as well. It's called self sufficiency, self confidence.

many people seem not to like riding along, but my friends dont ride nearly as much as i do.. during the summer i get in a good 2 hrs everyday. its about 150 acres with miles of trails and all i carry is a cell phone, sparkplug, and sparkplug wrench 🙂 for them fouled plugs 🙂

I ride alone 90% of the time, and probably have a total of 30 hrs riding. Have yet to hurt myself. I try not to go too far out, im more worried about my bike breaking down than injuring myself.

I tell people where im going to ride, carry a cell phone, allen keys, wrenches, extra spark plug, zip ties, and some electrical tape.

everyone says it isnt a good idea, but i'd rather risk it than not ride at all. If you take it easy and don't go too far from civilization I don't see the harm in it.

I'll keep riding alone as long as I don't get hurt.

I ride by myself...it sucks!!! I get blasted by my friends for it too. BUT, after a shitty day at work, riding is the only thing that will clear the mind and relaxes the ol' body. I ride a loop that runs parallel to a dirt road. My wife know EXACTLY where I am going and about how long I'll be gone....

Ride hard ride smart!!

I don't really like riding by myself. Riding with someone else (usually of better ability than myself) makes me faster, but most of the time I do have to ride alone.

When I ride alone, I take a lot of stuff.

Cell Phone

Energy Bar

Water

Spare tube W CO2 cartirdges

Tire Irons duct taped under my rear fender

Riding Jacket

Most of my family rides. We kinda have our own loop. I always let one of them know where I am going and when I should be back. If I run late I call.

One time, my uncle got pinned under his bike. He wasn't injured, but he couldn't move or get free. Luckly, he had someone riding behind him.

You never know what can happen on the trail.

One tip: Always have a riding buddy so in case he gets hurt you can help him out