Sign in to follow this  

What size trailer to haul a car?

I still haven't gotten a bigger trailer but now I'm thinking I would like something I could haul a car or tractor on a long with other stuff. Could I just get a tandem axle 6x16 Utility trailer and have it work for this? I want a utility trailer with the 24" mesh sides but would like to be able to haul a car and tractor and not sure a 6x12 which is waht I originally wanted would haul them.

16 feet is fine for hauling a car, but it about the minimum, and tandems a must. Its law in my state to haul a car. But the 6 wide might be a bit skinny. You would probably want the 8 feet wide. 7 would work, but you couldnt haul some wider rigs, but probably most. No large trucks, especially any with wide tires.

Man on the roads I drive around here a 6' wide one barely works and usually is hanging off the road no way I would be able to use one any wider. On the main roads they work fine but do take up the whole lanes. I would just want to haul a Honda Accord and maybe a similar car once and a while I really just want a single axle 6x12 with the tube gate sides but I have needed to haul a car a few times along with a tractor so figure I minus well go big with one instead of getting one too small again. I don't really have room for a 6x12 though so not sure what I will do with a 16 foot long one. I have a friend that has one I like a lot but his doesn't ahve the mesh sides but I assume you could get one with them even in that size.