Sign in to follow this  

power

I have a honda 230f and my cuzzin has a ttr 125 but we go on long rides and he cant keep up when we are crusing is there any way i can make his bike faster so he can keep up wiht me without spending much money

hmm.. there are probably a few simple things you can do to get a little more power, but in this case its all the rider.. he isn't as good as you.. the 230 has double the horse power as the 125 🙂

Cut open the air box(free), take baffle out(free), take the screen behind the air filter out(free), and get a 14 t front sprocket($15).

You can do the simple exhaust mods and airbox mods. There is a thread at the top of this forum that has the directions on how to do the airbox mod. 🙂

ahh.. sorry, i read the thread wrong. yea theres a few things you can do, but if he cant keep up with you then doing these mods wont get him to be right on your tail 🙂

Stuff a rag in your airbox? 🙂

Nahh... try swapping bikes for a ride and see if he can still keep up. If he can't, then it's not the bike and putting him on a YZ250 won't let him keep up with you. You need to slow down or he needs to get better.

If he can keep up on the 230, then sell him your 230 and buy a 250 🙂

well he's on a dang 125. last i checked a 230 was almost twice as big as a 125. just do the mods everybody else has said or if tit's really that big of a deal, then tell him to just get a ttr or honda 230.

on the cruses your not going to want to go down a tooth he'll just be even slower with more bottom end if you go up a tooth the 125 will be faster than before but probably still wont keep up . ive riden on my ttr 225 with a yz400f and i know there no way i can keep up lol hes got power :applause:

its all about rider.. when i rode my ttr all i rode with was people on 125 and 250 mx bikes. and i wouldn't say i was on their back tire the entire ride but i think i shocked a few people when they turned around and still saw me

If you guys are riding fire roads and in open fields, there is no way to make a TTR125 keep up with a 230... Not cheaply anyhow.

Tell him to sell the 125 and get a TTR230 or even a 250f.

If you guys are riding fire roads and in open fields, there is no way to make a TTR125 keep up with a 230... Not cheaply anyhow.

J.A.T.O. :applause::eek:🙂