Sign in to follow this  

Your thoughts on the TTR50?

What is your opinion on them? Will after market companies produce parts for them, as large as the CRF/XR50 is today? Do you think aftermarket parts prices will drop at all?

I can't wait to get mine!

yep the ttr will have a swag of aftermarket goodies, and some of them will be gytr genuine yamaha upgrades. dont see aftermarket bits coming down much though!

i know bbr already has a large selection of parts that will soon be released for them

yea.. i doubt the aftermarket stuff comes down much but maybe the prices between the two bikes will. not much into 50s but the yammie looks good 🙂

i love that yamaha tried to take on the xr50. it will take a while for the ttr to prove itself to hang with the xr's but i know it can. the xr's have been around for about 100 years it seems so they have the little guys figured out to an art. but im sure that there will be no major problems with the tooter. I like it, i like it a lot. i would get one over an xr any day. nothing against xr50's but the ttr is new and not EVERYWHERE

100 years? Try 40?

If Yamaha can build the first OHC 4-stroke motocrosser.. I don't think a small air cooled 50cc would be much of a task. But who knows!

my mom and dad are thinking of getting one for my bro. he's 9 years old, about 4', and 50 pounds. will the 50 be good or should he go with the 90. this is his first time riding i think the 90 would be to big. :applause:

When they come in, go to the dealers and let him sit on it and see.

Go with the 90. He'll probably grow out of the 50 too fast.

What he said. The 50 is too small and will either be sold shortly after he learns to ride or become a money pit making it bigger and faster to keep up with him. The 50 is made for 4-5 year olds that are 2 1/2 to 3 feet tall. the XR and TTR are the bigger of the 50 class but still are TINY.

my mom and dad are thinking of getting one for my bro. he's 9 years old, about 4', and 50 pounds. will the 50 be good or should he go with the 90. this is his first time riding i think the 90 would be to big. :applause:

My son is 7 and weighs about 50 pounds and I just sold his 50 and bought him a TTR90 and he loves it. Your brother is already too big for the 50 I'm afraid...

As for those new TTR50's, I do like them. If they had them when I was buying I would have never bought a pw50.