Sign in to follow this  

Kibblewhite and WMR stainless Steel valves

How do these stainless steel valves hold up under high RPM compared to OEM valves? Also is there a performance trade-off with stainless steel, less over-rev, or less high RPM pull? Do I still have to worry about valve float if I run stiffer valve springs? Also do I need to run hardened tappets or are OEM ok? I can't afford 1 piece titanium valves so I am considering these 1 piece stainless steel valves. I know I have asked a lot of questions, but thank you to all who respond. 🙂🙂:D:D

It'd be easier and cheaper too not over rev the bike. But to answer your question, the steel will rev up a bit slower even though you supposedly don't notice much of a difference. I believe the high rpm pull actually increases. You need to worry about valve float no matter what springs you run, all spring valve trains will float eventually. Also, the stiffer spring you use, the more HP you lose through drag. Hope that helps.

so should I run OEM valve springs.

What ever you do don't run the stock springs with Stainless valves. They are even too light for the stock Ti valves at high RPM's.

The WMR Conical valve springs are perfect for the stainless valves, strong enough to control the valve but not so heavy that they will effect the performance. And because of their harmonics reducing design, they are better than anything else out there.

The WMR Conical valve springs are perfect for the stainless valves, strong enough to control the valve but not so heavy that they will effect the performance. And because of their harmonics reducing design, they are better than anything else out there.

use conical. with the conicals you could put the stock ti valves back in and they won't wear near as much because of the reduced stress. you definately need hardened tappets though.

can I run the WMR conical spring kit with kibblewhite valves or do I have to run kibblewhite's spring kit. Who makes the better valves and spring kit, Kibblewhites are a lot cheaper than WMR, $100 compared to $32 ? :applause::eek:

> can I run the WMR conical spring kit with kibblewhite valves

Yes. Reread what MXER43 posted. I've got 12 hard hours on the WMR Ti valves and conical springs and valve clearance has stayed in spec.

> Who makes the better valves and spring kit, Kibblewhites are a lot cheaper > than WMR

I haven't looked lately but, just finding the Kibblewhite stuff is difficult. Everyone on this forum raves about WMR. High quality valve train parts and SUPER service. Willie from WMR is my RMZ guru. Everything he has helped me with has work right on!

> can I run the WMR conical spring kit with kibblewhite valves

Yes. Reread what MXER43 posted. I've got 12 hard hours on the WMR Ti valves and conical springs and valve clearance has stayed in spec.

> Who makes the better valves and spring kit, Kibblewhites are a lot cheaper > than WMR

I haven't looked lately but, just finding the Kibblewhite stuff is difficult. Everyone on this forum raves about WMR. High quality valve train parts and SUPER service. Willie from WMR is my RMZ guru. Everything he has helped me with has work right on!

I think the reason the WMR stuff is a little more money than Kibblewhites is because they are a much smaller company. WMR is a race shop that makes some performance parts. Kibblewhite is a big aftermarket company that is in most of the parts catalogs, I'm sure if the WMR stuff was in Parts Unlimited or other big supplier catalogs they could bring their prices down too.

The thing I like about WMR is they are at the track every weekend just like us testing and developing, it just seems like they are really in to it and very dedicated. You can see that when you call for info. Just my two cents :applause:

Hey guys, what a set of the conical springs (a full set: intake and exhaust) and a full set of the valves cost from WMR?