Sign in to follow this  

Hill Climb Gone Bad

Went out for a ride with my brother today! 🙂

Had a great ride on about 130 acres of private property, found some new trails and really felt good all day on the bike.

I got cocky..... :D

I found a hill about 30 yds high with the last 10 feet completely vertical. And I do mean vertical. :D

I was convinced that I was riding better than ever and I could make it....

I was wrong...

The first 20 yards were rock and mud covered, but I made it. I then juiced the throttle a little to lift the front wheel into the face of the last 10 ft vertical section to keep from just plowing into it.(it was like a wall)

At this point I began to realize I was in trouble. But amazingly the XR started to climb.....for a minute...... then it started to go over backward on top of me. :D

I let go of my trusty steed and proceded to fall about 15 feet flat on my back into a pile of logs. :D

The bike flipped completely over backward and landed hard on it's right side snapping the brake lever and the exhaust can mounting bracket. :D

I managed to escape with only a few black and blue marks and a nice cut on my back.

This was my first completely bone head move of the season, so I thought it appropriate to share. 🙂

Ahh, sometimes it's good to tilt at windmills.

Seth Enslow better start looking over his shoulder. ;-)

How do you know where the limits are if you never attempt to best them?

I have a theory.

I'm still kind of working on the proof. I feel I am getting closer though.

It goes something like this...

Gravity is a b!tch.

I have a theory.

I'm still kind of working on the proof. I feel I am getting closer though.

It goes something like this...

Gravity is a b!tch.

Good call!!!!

I may do a research study on this. I can't be the only one who tried to beat it! :eek:

Wonder if I can get a Government grant to study this phenomena among dirtbikers. :applause:

> Wonder if I can get a Government grant to study this phenomena

> among dirtbikers.

>

Skydivers have already beaten you to the punch. As the tee shirts at the dropzone read, "Dirt hurts!"