Sign in to follow this  

dyno-jet kit DR650SE, how much more power?

I've got about 1650 miles on my '05 DR650 now. All I've done to it is drill out the airscrew plug and adjust the screw. Haven't touched the airbox, exhaust, or carb jetting.

My question to you guys is, what kind of improvement can I expect by getting the dyno-jet kit, and opening up the airbox and exhaust? I guess I'm getting kinda bored with the stock power, it's good, but it would be nice to have a little more.

thanks,

L.L.

'05 DR650SE

'00 XR650R

'04 KX500

smash, expect a 7hp increase from the pipe, airbox opening, K&N filter, and rejetting.

I'm just waiting on my staintune full system then im going to install it all.

Smashinz -if you are interested I'll sell you my kit if I sell my bike - I have put my DR up for sale at dfw.com...I've decided to get me an RC51/R6/R1 or something of that ilk...

I also have the genuine suzuki skid plate and an oil filter...

BTW, for just the jet kit and opening up the airbox, my seat of the pants dyno says about a 5-10% increase over stock.

Skid plate $65+ship (was $129.99 new)

As for the dynojet kit and extended fuel screw, $40+ship - again 50% of what I paid for them - I think the jet kit was about $60 and the screw $20. I'll throw in the oil filter for free with the jet kit and screw package :applause:

This is all dependent on if I sell the bike of course :eek:

I'll PM anyone who expresses an interest in these parts as and when.

yeah I would be interested in the jet kit and airscrew if you sell the bike.

I'm planning to sell my KX500 pretty soon so that would be good.

I did the mods: pipe, filter box, jets on my DR350. I know a lot of information will support more HP from the mods, but I would better classify the changes as more response than more HP. I don't know that my bike is any faster or has more overall power, it's just that the power is more immediate. It's not a night/day thing as many write [to me--no offence to all the helpful people here] it's more a "oh--nice!" type of feel. It won't change your bike to a KTM-EXC.

It's worth the effort if just for the new found intensity you'll have as well as your new found familiarity with your bike. There are many here who will help with the process.

I Would also be very interested in the skidplate and jet kit. I understand you have to sell first but would appreciate it if you could keeep me in mind. By the way I too was thinking about getting a rocket in the next year or so.

I have a 2005 Suzuki DR650SE. What aftermarket products are there for performance increases. And aside from the FMF "Q" muffler, do you know th ewebsites.

I've been wondering the same thing there Jimmyairtime. . I know FMF makes pipes for it, but sure about white bros. or big gun or any others.

smash, expect a 7hp increase from the pipe, airbox opening, K&N filter, and rejetting.

This is very realistic. It may not sound like much but it is! It'll kick you in the seat and will make a DR650 smoke a DRZ400. :applause:

Mike.

Update

I put my jet kit and fuel screw on ebay if anyone wants to bid on it.

14T front sprocket gets thrown in for free...

Edit: SOLD!