Sign in to follow this  

Honda diaphram looks to be the same as the husky one?

So while working on my bike I finally got around to installing the Honda diaphram in the bottom of the carb. The darn thing looks and feels exactly the same as the stock husky diaphram that came out. They both had the numbers 858 on them. are they really different? 🙂

JD says all ya need is that new rubber diaphram. it seemed exactly the same to me??

i installed the new bottom plate and spring too just for thrills even though they are the same as stock.

So while working on my bike I finally got around to installing the Honda diaphram in the bottom of the carb. The darn thing looks and feels exactly the same as the stock husky diaphram that came out. They both had the numbers 858 on them. are they really different? :applause:

JD says all ya need is that new rubber diaphram. it seemed exactly the same to me??

i installed the new bottom plate and spring too just for thrills even though they are the same as stock.

Yes they are different. The Honda diaphram on the left has a taller stop so there is less "squirt."

HondaBoyesen.jpg

oh I didn't notice the stop lenght, I will take it apart to look again.

thanks

oh I didn't notice the stop lenght, I will take it apart to look again.

thanks

It's always the same with you engineers types. Just because you can design it, doesn't mean you know what it looks like. :applause::eek: