Sign in to follow this  

Ignition button cap (CRF230)

Man ok, so I'm riding today and I lay the bike down and my frickin ignition button black cap popped off! So naturally I start looking for it, but of course it had to be in an area with a lot of rubble like rocks and dirt and everything so now my question is, can you just get the little black cap or do you have to buy the entire Ignition assembly? I was trying to look on ebay for any of the push-button starters to just see if I could buy a whole assembly to pull the cap off that and put it on mine. Any links to sites that sell the OEM stuff would be excellent so I can at least try and figure something out. Just my luck...ugh!

-Mary :applause:

that happened to me before i was in nuetral reving the bike to warm her up and the vibration from the bike shifted the bike into 1st and it hoped up and did a wheelie right into a metal dock at this lake where i ride next to my house i cracked the whole front number plate and ignition cap...you proably got a number like c73 or a27 with your bike your honda dealer will get the new ignition cap :applause:

I had to put a new ignition switch on my 230 awhile back. I don't remember the exact price, but it was fairly cheap. Like around $20. btw...the TT store sells OEM parts.

I had to put a new ignition switch on my 230 awhile back. I don't remember the exact price, but it was fairly cheap. Like around $20. btw...the TT store sells OEM parts.

Oh, that actually isn't too bad. :applause:

ehh i was wheelying and yanked on my throttle and broke my throttle cable and a knew one was 30 bucks :eek: plus they didnt even have it in stock :applause: