Sign in to follow this  

which way do u feel more comforatable jumping

Do you feel more comfortable hitting a jump Pinned in a lower gear, or just not so revved out in a higher?

I like hitting jumps in power band. It's what I am use to, so I know how the bike will react every jump. I'm not to comfortable hitting a jump in lower revs, but higher gear.

I like hitting it a gear up. Don't like the feel of a bike that is already at it peak of power.

never pinned, always pulling. Pinning the throttle of a 450 is a recipe for a bad day.

I like pinned, that way in the air you have more control because it seems like the gyroscopic effects are stronger when in the meat of the power. This is on a 2 stroke though i don't know about 4 .

I ride a 250F and try to hit everything in as high of a gear as possible. Im affraid of hitting the rev limiter right before take off...

not pinned, then if you get nose low, you cant pull it up as easily as you could if you were in the meat

I like hitting jumps in power band. It's what I am use to, so I know how the bike will react every jump. I'm not to comfortable hitting a jump in lower revs, but higher gear.

:applause: its the best way to jump!

Most tracks only have a couple of jumps that have to be hit with serious pull in order to clear. As I think about it, I probably hit half of the jumps on most tracks with the throttle off, scrubbing speed.

When the throttle is on, I'm a gear high, or at least in the meat, pulling.

depends on the jump, but for the most part I like to jump a gear high and keep the revs down a bit. I ride a 250 2 stroke and would prefer to not hit the spike in the power on certain jumps. If I already have my speed at the base I just hold steady throttle until clear.

All my riding is in the tight woods. I'm always jumping water bars and i usually try to stay in the middle to the low side of the power band so if i get a little whiskey throttle coming off a jump wrong my bike won't react so fast. Good riding, Scott.

00 YZ426f bunch of mods

I like to jump within the middle of the powerband... that way you could get the front end higher if you need it.... pinned always seems to send me endo-syle

i just accelerate really hard off the lip, i try to be in a low rpm so if i have to panic rev, it will actually do something

depends on the size of the jump and speed needed to clear the obstacle. if i have the speed needed say 10 ft. before the jump i keep a steady throttle off the face, but if i am coming out of a turn and the face is right after the turn then i seat bounce and get a hand full of 2nd or 3rd all the way off the face. those seem to be the funnest for me. i ride a crf 450 and recently got off a rm 250 2-stroke and on the 2-stroke i had to stay pinned everywhere. as long as you keep in a nuetral position off the face it is much easier to correct any problems and remember it for the next lap(s).

Ride it like you stole it!