Sign in to follow this  

Hurricane Preparation/Web Sites & General INFO

A couple of us thought this might be a good thing to put up since it's

Hurricane Season. So Please put down some good weather web sites,

preparation(whatever it may be) and just some general info so we can

maybe share some stuff that might just Help out each other when and if

a Hurricane might come up on one of us(or a LOT of us).

I'll start........Weather Web Sites:

Tracking a Hurricane

Wunderground Weather

Intellicast

National Hurricane Center

I do have a question.......backfeeding the generator into the fusebox:

Could someone explain the process of doing this??(like maybe ovrrdrive...saw in other topic of him doing it)

I know you have to have a Extension Cord with both ends male plug-ins, but my dryer has one of those special plugs-in for it. So that means one end reg. plug(for generator)and the other for the dryer(the speical one)plug-in.??

Right?? :applause:

I have this New DIESEL GENERATOR and want to maybe hook it up using the fusebox.

Thanks!!! 🙂😛

Oh....it looks like 2 more Storms coming up our way.......these are not looking good........well maybe for Surfing. :eek:

buy the dryer cable/plug end at home depot, and a male plug that will plug into the diesels outlet. wire it up correctly, and then just plug the gen. into the dryers wall socket. Just make sure the main breaker for the house is flipped off.

I understand that YZ250F_Rider(Thanks...... 🙂 ), but you do have to turn OFF all the other breakers too....right? Plus, for it to work I have to turn on the breaker for the dryer.......right......wrong?? :applause:

Also, all breakers are off(main one too)and just start flipping the breakers you want to run from the generator.......right? :eek:

Thanks!! 😛😛

5kw will power everything except the a/c and the heater. at around 7.5kw and up is when you can start powering the a/c unit too.

so leave the breaker on for the dryer so it will feed the breaker box, and leave the rest of the breakers on too (except the main house one of course). unless you dont have enough to power the a/c, then shut it's breaker off out by the unit outside.

Cool, I understand that. :eek:

But, why shut it's breaker off out by the unit outside and Not at the breaker box.?? :applause:

Yea I know .....alot of ??????????????????? But THANKS!!! 🙂