Sign in to follow this  

ATK street legal

Anyone ever made a ATK enduro street legal?

I too want to street my 605 but I think in California it is almost impossible

to get it street registered after '03. If anyone knows any different PLEASE let me know.

Depends on your specific state. In WI they absolutely refused to let me title my 03 605, despite the fact that it came from the factory with a lighting kit, street legal wheels/tires, and whatever else.

The refused to inspect it (despite the fact you can make your own and get it inspected).

Apparently sometimes if it's titled in a different state first, there is no problem with transfering the title to your state. Or so I'm told. Currently I'm 'living' in Utah :applause:

BTW, Utah has very nice lookin plates :eek:

I plated a KDX200 years ago in Texas.

Had to make it meet DOT standards. DOT tail lite/brake lite, hi/low headlight, horn, mirror and tires. I don't recall having to have blinkers...

Took it down to the DPS and had them do the inspection and they gave me the a-okay. From there it was title work and such.

This was 20+ years ago, so things may have changed, but back then it was pretty easy.

You may want to check with Dale at Trick Dual Sports. He makes a wonderful road going setup.

I'm from N.J. and had a hell of a time trying to register my bike, after trying at six different DMV places I was told to stop trying and to call the Federal DMV about making my bike street legal.

The guy I talked to with the Federal DMV said It should definitely be doable and all I had to do is either get GasGas to send me something that states that their EC 400fse is up to the standards for American street use or get an approved importer to ok it for American street use.

I never got around to doing either but it definitely is possible, just look at those Orange County Chopper guys selling those bikes for street use.

In Washington we had a few years we could register our dirt bikes by taking them to the state patrol with all the DOT stuff tires,lights,high-low beam, and horn (no turn signals nessesary) When I took my XR 350R in they didn't even look at it justed checked the VIN against stolen vehicles, then they closed it down , so now we have to get it registered in Idaho or Oregon then you can plate it here. Basically now we need a title that has an odometer statement. I bought my ATK 605 in Oregon allready plated and it was easy.