Sign in to follow this  

Moto-GP

:applause: Great job by Nicky hayden with the wire to wire win yesterday......especially on home soil for the first time in 11 years. :eek:

congratulations to Hayden and Edwards it was great to see them both get such a good result :applause:

My well deserved congrats to Nicky. Did you hear the post race interview with Greg White? He thanked his parents for all the sacrifices to let the the boys race :applause: buckets to catch the rain because they couldn't afford a roof :eek: Hopefully the first of many more 🙂😛

How is it that the Suzuki is so off the pace in moto GP but in AMA it's on top ?? I don't know what hopkins best time was but mat was in the 1.24 - 1.25 second range :applause::eek:

What a cool day. After he won he took his dad around the track on the back of his bike. I wonder how scary that was with no seat.

One of the other riders was giving real rides, full leathers, seat and a helmet. They looked like they where ripping too. I'd do it but it would be scary.

Just got home from Laguna - that was outta freakin' control...what a weekend! There's just nothing like sitting in the main grandstand for a MotoGP race.

If you didn't see it in person this year, I highly recommend making plans to be there next year :applause:

First, congrats to young Nicky........He's been working hard and it's good to see it pay off for him on his home soil. Colin was on the charge too and he knows his way around Laguna.

The USGP being kind of a freak, in that this is the first one in years, I'm not surprised the regulars in MotoGP didn't fight harder, Rossi excepted. Until this race becomes a regular (we hope) part of the racing calender, the Euros are not gonna bust hump and risk crashing just to put on a good show for us. Those guys are pros, they're chasing points for a championship and Laguna's too different from most of the other tracks they're used to that you can't blame them for being a little conservative. Don't get me wrong, it's not that they didn't race hard, but I'd be willing to bet they didn't put in the kind of intensity they would have if they had been more used to the track.

Besides us race fans, the real winner this weekend was Val Rossi. He took the most points of the Euros, helped solidify his shot at the title and it seemed clear that he was getting the hang of the track. I'd be willing to bet if he had another 32 laps he'd be giving Colin and Nicky fits.

The most amazing thing to me was the small difference in lap times between the Superstock class and MotoGP. That you can walk into your friendly local YamaHondaKawaZuki dealership and buy a bike that will lap within 3-4 seconds of the worlds best, that's amazing!!!!!!!!!!

The most amazing thing to me was the small difference in lap times between the Superstock class and MotoGP. That you can walk into your friendly local YamaHondaKawaZuki dealership and buy a bike that will lap within 3-4 seconds of the worlds best, that's amazing!!!!!!!!!!

yeah I was amazed by that too. I can spend 13k or what 500k and go three second faster. Well not me but some other really fast person.