Sign in to follow this  

Exhaust POLL

What is the Best exhaust system?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Best exhaust system?

Dr.D is hands down the best exhaust. Not only is the power improvements awesome, but the price just tops it right off!

pick the color and style you like. carbon. ti. stainless.

they all do the same thing, some make more noise. some arrest sparks. others are bling.

Yoshimura

Yosi's are are not any good. They make a small improvement in the bottom but other than that they are just shit. Go Pro Circuit Ti-4. Strong power all the way, 3 hp increase at the peak rpm.

nah procircuits suck, just make more noise. White brothers carbonpro (or aluminium)

all the way. I have tested them all and WB is the best

Agreed there. THe PC is just a loud pipe.

I had the DrD on my 05 and it worked good. Nice thing is that it used the stock jetting. Then I got a WB aluminum race pro, WOW. Noticeable increase in power over the Drd. It feels like it has about 2hp more than the Drd across the board and about 3 on top. Now the jetting was a pain for the WB pipe (JD jet kit, 40 LJ, 45/178) but once dialed you are set.

FmF Q is a quiet pipe. Great if you want quiet, but you lose HP.

I'm suprized White Brothers haven't been sued for there name. Because Suspension Company, White Power was sued, and are now known as WP.

Agreed there. THe PC is just a loud pipe.

I had the DrD on my 05 and it worked good. Nice thing is that it used the stock jetting. Then I got a WB aluminum race pro, WOW. Noticeable increase in power over the Drd. It feels like it has about 2hp more than the Drd across the board and about 3 on top. Now the jetting was a pain for the WB pipe (JD jet kit, 40 LJ, 45/178) but once dialed you are set.

FmF Q is a quiet pipe. Great if you want quiet, but you lose HP.

Matt96, I'm about to uprgrade and I'm interested in your "butt dyno" results here. You've had both and prefer the white Bro's. I'm interested in a pipe that increases from bottom of mid thru max rpm.

I'm still riding stock pipe and it's weak on the bottom mid compared to my '03 with the yosh slip on comp. The yosh just slowly faded toward the top so I found myself somewhat short shifting. The 05 stock has a good mid to upper mid feel but doesn't rev out that well either. I liked the 03's power delivery better than the 05's but didn't like the way it faded toward max rpm's.

Both bikes have same gearing 13/49

me: VetA or mid -back pack int. and good with clutch.

Jetting: 600'ASL, JD Blue 4th, 178 MJ, 42PJ 90+deg

What specifics do you have to choose the Whire Bro's?

You people have no idea. The pro circuit gives another 3 horsepower at the top end than any other pipe. They make a fair bit of sound but heaps of power. Whay else the the champion RC running it, He would only run the best. Want proof, see here:ricky photo

You people have no idea. The pro circuit gives another 3 horsepower at the top end than any other pipe. They make a fair bit of sound but heaps of power. Whay else the the champion RC running it, He would only run the best. Want proof, see here:ricky photo

why are people so stupid? what dont people get about 95% rider 5% bike, ricky could be blazing if he had a yosh wb drd or any other letter in the alphabet, you could get him a tube of iron to throw on with some insulation wrapped around it to pass the sound test and hed still be blazing

Dude carmichael runs pro circuit because they pay him big $$

Do you have dyno charts to prove this, NO didn't think so

No crap...the fact that any pro runs any certain pipe would never convince me that thier pipe is the best. They'd run a stack of beercans welded together if someone paid them enough money.

IF you understand anything about Dynos, you understand that peak HP does not tell you how fast the bike is on anything but the dyno. You can have the most peak HP, but the bike will still be a slug! Proven time and time again that if you tune for peak, the rest of your powerband will suck.

For the PC, they are just a loud pipe. Nice quality and all, but really not that great for power. Friend had one on his 01 and the stock 03 was better and quieter. Maybe it is the noise that just makes the pipe seem obnoxious.

oldnbold --

Seems that Steve had the same comparison as myself. I got the Drd after 2 rides on the stock pipe. Stock was great, but there was like no overrev. Now I saw Josh Hill (local kid will be pro next year -- he is the rider in the 06 Yamaha webpage shoot for the MX bikes) railing on one of his 9 stock bikes that was completely stock. So it goes to say the rider is 95% here, but for the slower part of the world more power does not hurt. So the stock seemed a bit choked on the top end, also a bit loud. The Drd was installed and instantly you could rev that sucker and still have power at almost full throttle. DId not fall off like the stocker. Sound was about perfect also. The only thing I needed to do for that pipe was to adjust the fuel screw until the bog went away off idle.

Okay a few crashes and $250 WB Aluminum Race Pro pipe from Motosport outlet initiated the swap. I had a WB carbon/ti E series pipe on my 426 and it was a great pipe! more power everywhere and the noise was not horrid. Quieter than the PC that was on the 426 when I bought it. So got the new RacePro pipe for the 250. Build quality is great, even better than the Drd. You will notice the size of the can on the unit and the outlet size! IT is big for a 250F. Fit was perfect, I would suggest to purchase a header guard for the headpipe (you can get the CF units on Ebay for like $10). So I was at stock jetting and there was a huge bog with the bike. Tried different Pilots, mains, needle clips, adjusted the fuel screw all over. Nothing helped. Then I tried different needles, the stock 426 02 unit, then a JD Red from my 426 kit. The red almost cured the bog. I talked to JD about the differences in the 250F and 4xxF needles and I would just have to run a leaner main in the 250F with a 4xx needle because of the top taper. Ran that first weekend out on a 6 mile race track (eddysville) and it just ripped! The pipe was loud, but seems to have broke in a bit quieter now after a few hours of time. I was able to pull 5th gear wheelies easily with just leaning back on the throttle. More power all over with the pipe. I then got the 250F kit, installed that and still had a little bog. So after a few different leak jets, settled with the 40 and adjusted out the fuel screw. Jetting is as spot on as you can get now, no bog! Starts easily and just pulls. went back to the local track (albanymx.com) and ran there again (was the last place I ran with the Drd). Track was the same layout as before. The bike had more roll on power, more mid and definately more top end pull. it will outpull my friends 05s with just slip ons without issue and 250F Kawi with the same pipe. It just had more power everywhere than the DrD pipe and it was noticeable!

Jetting: JD kit, blue needle 4th clip (stock setup there) 45/178/40 Leak Jet. Then just adjust the fuel screw. I did try with a 180 main and it seems to pull quicker with the leaner unit. WB only had to use a 45/175 jetting with the pipe, all else stock. Did not work for me, had to run the JD kit and 40 LJ. Gearing I have been run a 50 or 49 for different tracks. I started to strip down my bike to sell and went back to the 48 stock and it seems the bike pulls better with the 48 on there. Keep in mind I have a 2.15 rear rim laced and run 110 size rears (vs the 1.85 and 100s stock on the 250F). I really liked how the bike pulled in practice was wednesday with the 48 on there. Was able to almost keep with the 450s, they did not walk away. Plenty of low end there, just slide the bike into the long sweepers with banks in 3rd gear, drop the clutch grab 4th and then hit the tripple with ease!

My friend that is a slow intermediate rides my F off his Kawi 250F sometimes. He always comments on the power of the bike over his. His is much closer with the WB pipe than before, but he notices the power difference.

The WB pipes have always been from what I have seen good units. They seem to have great power also. Seems that Team Yamaha has them on the outdoor factory bikes this year as well. Hope that gives you some info there. Maybe steve will pitch in his story also.