Sign in to follow this  

The ducks guts or defication???????

This bloke is claiming 12hp from these Lifan motors

The model is a 1P52FMI

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6755&item=4560278333&rd=1

www.lifan.com.cn dont have it on their site, although they did previously because i found it cached in google

http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:WyLJrQQQRl4J:www.lifan.com.cn/lifan/PRODUCT/ENGINE/1p52FMI.htm+lifan+1p52fmi&hl=en

Its power and torque on the cached site certainly dont match up with the claims on ebay.

Has any one purchased one of these, cause if they are the claimed 12 hp then thats the best racing mod going for its price.

What do you reckon, ducks guts or defecation????????????

That Lifan google cache is in kilowatts, so that actually equals 9.4hp. Also converting the torque to foot pound gives around 5.9 foot pound of torque. So thats still short of 12hp. I believe that Lifan engine is only 2 valve per cylinder single over head cam, so there is no way this engine can make the claimed power. Useless it is measured as crank horsepower not what goes to the wheel/sprocket. Even the best 125cc 4 stroke engine still only manage 17hp, and these have 4 valve heads! So I say doubt it, unless it is crank horsepower and even then it would be exaggerated. EDIT: Also that carburettor looks to be nothing special so I don't think it would flow enough to give 12hp. This engine also wouldn't rev much, as peak power is at 7500 rpm. But peak torque is at 5500rpm, so after 6000rpm this engine would fall flat on its face torque-wise, which means it wouldn't pull higher gearing too well.

he probably added a few h.p because alot of the buyers on ebay either dont know anything about them or will never acually find out how much h.p it really has..people are gullable

well said.... but you forgot to add that most people only look at the displacement size rather than the head, carb, cam... you know... the stuff that COUNTS! :applause: but yes... gullable is a very good way to describe people

kitaco 124 SE's and takewaga 124 super head's usually dyno right around 12-13 (totally stock out the box kits)

With some work and money you can get 15 or so out of them im sure.

That motor is lucky to be putting down 7 HP imo

people generally buying from ebay have no idea about what there buying and informaion on the product otherwise they would buy from the dealer or wholesaler of that particular product. gulible is an understatement

Thats an Xtreme 107 motor. Decent but not great. Litttle faster than a 110 with a clutch kit.