Sign in to follow this  

KTM 300 or 380?

The best woods bike ktm 300exc or 380 exc. Also are they set up for the woods? If so How? If you have anymore info please list.

Thanks Ryan

If it's tight woods, given your choices, I'd get the 300. I had a 380 and it's a handful (and them some) in the tight woods I ride and race in. I got a lot faster and more consistent overnight when I traded it on a 250EXC.

I had a KTM '96 300exc (great bike, I wore it out after many years use!). I sold it cheap and then bought a 200exc and a 380mxc. At first I thought the 200 was quicker, it sure felt like it ....until I rode them both on the same day with the same group of riders. Both are great bikes for sure, but I found the 380 to be deceptively plush and easier to ride (not what I expected). The 380 performs best in the woods when you short shift it and it just loafs along. I've found that I can idle up hills that require a run on the 200, both are fun ways to ride. I was going to off my 380 and get another 300 until I rode it that same day, now I am really pleased with the 380. Either way you can't go wrong, the 300 probably combines the best of both.

Best/ Russ

• Like 1