Sign in to follow this  

BBR Frame Cradle on TTR125LE

Has anyone else found that the BBR frame cradle touches the stock exhaust after it's mounted? I will try to reposition the pipe (the cradle isn't going to move). If that fails, I will need to remove about 1/16" from the cradle.

I also found (as many others have stated) that it is a pain to mount. It's almost as if the holes aren't in the correct relationship to one another. Maybe it's not us (or our bikes)- perhaps BBR has their spacing and/or dimensions incorrect.

Just my two cents.

I have an '05 125LE and I had to remove the stock exhaust to put the BBR frame cradle on and it was definitely a pain to line up the holes. Mine needed more than two hands to put it on. We slid screwdrivers through two of the holes and manuveured those around to get everything to line up correctly.

My exhaust also touches the frame cradle but its not a problem. You need two people to get the exhaust on in the correct position. Mine needed to be pulled upwards slightly and held in that position so that I could bolt the exhaust back on.

I think if you just work it around a little bit you'll be able to make it fit without shaving anything off the cradle. Good luck!

I put a BBR frame cradle on my son's 04 TTR-125 and had the same experience as you. I could not get it mounted because the holes did not line up. I live in the Seattle area which is where BBR is located so I took it down there and they installed it for me. I was surprised that the stock pipe was touching the cradle. It will work for now but when I get a chance I will remove the pipe and grind away the frame cradle where it touches the pipe. I think it might be a plan on BBR's behalf to get us to buy a BBR pipe. Peace...

Take off the pipe before you mount the cradle and then put it back on. I heard that that is the way to get it to work with the stock exhaust. :applause::eek:

I think DRZ 400s is right about bbr wanting you to buy the bbr pipe to fit it.Theres ways to get the stock pipe on. Just maneuver it and keep trying :applause:

cut some out of the cradle, I did before i got my pipe, don't even notice the notches now.

I mounted it with the stock exhaust with NO issues. Just remove the pipe, install the frame cradle, re-install the pipe. No cutting needed.

on my 04 i didn't have any clearance problems.. just mounting problems.. had to pry and pry with screwdrivers to get the holes lined up :applause:

i think when they made it they installed it on one of there testbikes with a bbr pipe on it and thats why it fits with there pipe on it and they never had experiecne with the stock pipe.

I can't belive how hard it is to mount the frame cradle!!! I tried all afternoon and I feel truly defeated. I do have an extra set of hands around for help so i might break down and farm the job out (hate to do it). My buddie sugested using a drill and grinding away the part that doesnt line up. What did you guys do to get it to mount up?

does it need to be bent?

I can't belive how hard it is to mount the frame cradle!!! I tried all afternoon and I feel truly defeated. I do have an extra set of hands around for help so i might break down and farm the job out (hate to do it). My buddie sugested using a drill and grinding away the part that doesnt line up. What did you guys do to get it to mount up?

does it need to be bent?

Well, to sum it all up...PRY AND PRY AND PRY AND PRY AND PRY AND PRY AND PRY AND PRY AND PRY AND PRY away at it. I ended up trying to line it up and had my buddy sit there with the bolt and hammer trying to force it to get through the hole, because I figured if we got it close to lining up, then we could maybe put pressure(w/hammer) and it would go through. That even took a while. :eek: But, use whatever resources you can find. You will probably need them. :applause:

mine was soo far off i thought they sent me one for the wrong bike or something. but it just took a FULL 3 hours of work to get that thing on. i got it on christmas and i started trying to mount it as soon as we were done opening presents. well i thought it be a 10 minute job, remove the old frame bolts and slide the cradle up and put the new bolts in. WRONG. just get to good strong screw drivers and put the bottom bolt (nearest to the rear tire) then pry on the top two closest to the front tire :applause:

Before I purchased the frame cradle, I had read many of the posts regarding how difficult it was to install. I made sure I did it at night, not during the day with a 14 year old standing behind me asking when it would be ready.

I did remove the exhaust prior to installation. It still was a pain in the a**. I started the rear mount first, as it seemed the least accessible. The first mount at the front was OK, the last one needed some judicious prying (trying not to scratch any paint or anodizing). The whole ordeal took me about 45 minutes. I will try to re-position the exhaust today.

I did think about opening up the holes a little, but I persevered and got it on. I just think that owing to the many instances of difficulties in installing this cradle, BBR may have some dimensions wrong.

Don't get me started on how the BBR chain guide needs to be shimmed in order to work. I think I'll start another post on that one.

Well I finally got it on!!!! it looks great blue to match my blue BBR pipe!!!

Good, it takes too much damn work and I think BBR probably knows that, but I am sure it keeps selling like no other.

man..if you did it in 45 minutes you got off easy. but good job to all yall getting it on.. once you get that and the pipe on there it sure is beautiful. have you ran it with the pipe yet, or was the pipe already installed. the first time you crank that thing up with that bbr pipe and hear it run..man... its like an orgasm of the ears :applause::eek: