Sign in to follow this  

New Truck, car goes bye-bye.

Wow, a Volvo hauling an "off road" vehicle is almost unheard of, especially one equipped with an internal combustion engine! 🙂 Did it have a Kerry/Edwards bumper sticker on it still :applause:😛 Just funn'n, but they Volvos and liberals go hand in hand, but there are exceptions to the rule. They like Subaru's too. This way they can have 4WD without feeling guilty I guess. :eek: About time you got a truck!

Just bought this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/bk14mx/Picture225.jpg

Was using this, and yes, I caught some crap for it. Volvo towing a bike on a single rail is funny I suppose:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/bk14mx/Picture226.jpg

Nice truck! I have been looking at those here in Houston. Sticker price on a 2wd, extended cab, with the I-5 engine seems to run about $24,000.00. Can you give me an idea of what I should expect to pay for one out the door?

Nice truck! I have been looking at those here in Houston. Sticker price on a 2wd, extended cab, with the I-5 engine seems to run about $24,000.00. Can you give me an idea of what I should expect to pay for one out the door?

With the employee discount thing, I think it ended July 5th though, and a 2k rebate, mine was around 21 and change OTD. I have the SLE package, the only thing it doesnt have is the power group and the Onstar stuff, but no biggy to me. Love it so far, 800 miles and counting. I also got one with 3.73 ratio in the rear diff, 3.42 is standard, along with a 4.11 option. I drove test drove all but the 4.11, and I prefered the 3.73, just a little more responsive IMO.

First tank of gas, I got 20.2 MPG, not too bad I guess.

Chevy-I hear ya about the bed length, my bike fits it from corner to corner, but other than that I really dont need a fullsize, and it will handle anything I need to tow.

Wow, a Volvo hauling an "off road" vehicle is almost unheard of, especially one equipped with an internal combustion engine! 😛 Did it have a Kerry/Edwards bumper sticker on it still :applause:😛 Just funn'n, but they Volvos and liberals go hand in hand, but there are exceptions to the rule. They like Subaru's too. This way they can have 4WD without feeling guilty I guess. :eek: About time you got a truck!

LMAO, man, I caught a lot of crap towing my bike around. Its a good thing Im not a total spode on a dirtbike or it would have been real bad.

My dad is a volvo nut, he has 2 740's right now, a turbo and a non-turbo. My youngest brother is driving a 740 wagon, he's not a Lib either. Dad worked for Volvo Penta a few years ago, and that 850 was his company car. I bought it from him with 187k on it, still ran like a top, although the AC/heating system died last year so Ive been toughing it out. When that thing was new it was a pretty sweet ride. 🙂

But Im happier than hell to have a truck again.

The employee discount thing was such a blowout for GM that they extended it til august 1st :applause:

Im sure that they made that decision as soon as all the other MFG's decided to start their programs as well. Car selling business is rough, I tried is for a while, but I didnt do well dealing with all the ass-hats and blow hards.

Can you give me an idea of what I should expect to pay for one out the door?

Go to the GM website and you can search dealer inventories for anything they have. Keep in mind that GM Employee Pricing is only good on 2005's.

You can then get a price online that takes into account the Employee price in addition to any rebates for your area/region. It's also possible to view the window sticker online (if that feature has been enabled in your area) to look for specific options, color, interior color, etc.

Thats how I found mine, the web site was pretty cool. I had it narrowed to two choices, but the first one was sold. But Im very happy with what I got :applause:

Seems like too much $$$ for a small truck.

They are nice looking though, and 20-mpg sounds good.

After I looked at some full size stuff, the money wasnt too bad. Trouble is, nothing is in-expensive, a 4-door ford F-150 King Ranch starts at 40k which is out of my ball park :applause: