TC450 launch device?

Hey, I have heard mention of a "launch device" on the fork of the newer TC's but I can't seem to find reference to it in the manual I downloaded. What's it supposed to do and how does it work?

--Tony

04 TC450 (on it's way)

94 250 WXE

Some of the TC's came with a device in the crate. My buddy got one with his. It is actually one of the best ones I've seen. They are available through Husky and are around $100. You just compress the front forks, set a locking pin and it holds the forks compressed till you hit a bump and it will release. The theory is it keeps the front end low so you don't wheelie too much and the start. Some people really think they help alot. Others aren't sure if it really helps. Personally I have never tried one.

I would like to have one of the Husky ones though. Anyone want to sell me the one they got with their TC?

I got one for my TE, it's just the same as all the other launch devices. Works a treat though, no real skill involved...

Set device (crucial point this, you really don't want to use the same technique if you forget...)

2nd gear (on my TE)

Full throttle

Dump the clutch when you want to go

HOLD ON TIGHT!

Holeshot

I'm amazed that everyone doesn't have one.

Ok, that's another one of the "comes in the box" things I have now heard of. So far, "in the box" for my new 04 TC450 is supposed to be a partly assembled TC450, an extra exhaust, a non-usable kick start, and now this hole-shot device. What else is in there? Anyone else get theirs "in the box" and have an inventory of what's there? The dealer told me the kick start kit "in the box" has been updated already. How do I know by looking at it if it has been or not?

--Tony (waitin on da box to get here)...

Ok, that's another one of the "comes in the box" things I have now heard of. So far, "in the box" for my new 04 TC450 is supposed to be a partly assembled TC450, an extra exhaust, a non-usable kick start, and now this hole-shot device. What else is in there? Anyone else get theirs "in the box" and have an inventory of what's there? The dealer told me the kick start kit "in the box" has been updated already. How do I know by looking at it if it has been or not?

--Tony (waitin on da box to get here)...

With the '04 models you never know what you will get in the box. Everybody can get nothing, a little or hit the jackpot. I have heard it all. I've personally opened three crates and have heard from a lot of others. One got it close to all of the goodies, one a little less and one only a couple of tools and a manual.

I think there must have been a good fairy at the plant that sort of dribbled stuff in at his discretion. Most likely not enough parts for all the crates.

Kick starter recall/replacement parts in your box? PM me with your email address and I will email you the PDF that shows installation and good/bad part identification.

Good luck on your crate suprises. I wish I had bought and '04TC450 when you could get them cheap. They definately will out run a TE to the first turn.

On your extra arrested TE silencer which you should get, and your TC straight through, If you don't like the way the TC can performs for you, you could always sell it to me. The arrested TE can will make it more tractable in loose, soft, or muddy conditions, due to less wheel spin mid/high end hit.