Sign in to follow this  

Langille Ridge Trail-- camping help please

I am planning a trip to the Gifford Pinchot soon. I want to ride the Langille ridge-to boundry to juniper ridge and back as one of our loops. I am kind of a wimp when it comes to sheer dropoffs on trails. I rode the Juniper Ridge trail and only remember one place that made me pucker a little. We want to just make our own camp somewhere near the north entrance of the trail. Are there any decent places to do that? and if so, how do I get there. I will be coming from the Portland area. What about the trail? Am I going to chicken out on the thing? Once I get to the end of the trail and head east on the boundary, whats the pucker factor on that trail. I have rode most of the boundary trail but only a little ways past the Juniper Ridge entrance. I don't think we went far enough west to reach the Langille ridge entry. So what about Kirk Rock, Elk Rock???? The Langille Ridge and dark divide trails are pretty much the only area's I haven't ridden up there.

Starting at the north, you got North Fork ORV CG, Iron Creek non-ORV CG, Tower Rock resort CG. From Portland, I-5 north to Hwy 12, east to Randle, then south into GP. We're riding Green Mt. loop and entire Boundry Ridge next week. We're camping at Tahklak lake CG at the south end. Might do Juniper-Langille.