Sign in to follow this  

Bad day at the races!!!!

Went out racing with 600ish to a hare scramble at Diamondback in N.Ga yesterday. 30 minutes of downpour Sat. night souped up the red clay pretty bad, especially on these steep hills where we live and made the pasture section like riding on ice! The MX track section was pretty sticky and the ground was good with plenty of traction there but I rode like I'd never been on a bike in my life! I've raced recently and put many quick miles through the woods with a group of great riders and haven't been upside down in I can't remember when. Yesterday's track was 6.2 mi. (short for them) and I was upside down 3 times in the first lap! Stupid stuff too! Stuff like missing a gear on an uphill, SLOWLY sliding it down coming out of a wet grassy turn and not paying attention to the small ruts on a grassy straight! That one hurt and made me decide that I was done if I could just finish the lap! The bad thing is that the tougher technical stuff wasn't a problem. Like the long steep hill that had bikes scattered all over it that couldn't make it up. I went right through them and over the top. It was the next "simple" uphill that I missed a gear & flipped the ole husky & couldn't pick it up! I guess everybody has bad days racing but I hope this was mine for a while to come. I don't mind running in the back of the pack at times but I'm too old to hit the ground that hard, that many times in one race! Whew! I'm feeling it today too! It is a great place to race though, I just wasn't on my game. The woods sections are good & technical and the track is fast. I really enjoyed the time I spent out there yesterday while I was upright & I'll definitely give this great track another shot. I just had to cry a little!! :applause: LOLOL. Y'all come on out too! Have a good'un,

Hen

Sorry to hear you had a rough day. Been there too. Better luck next time.

BTW, Diamondback MX in GA, great track. Diamondback MX in New York, one of my all time favorites.

Whenever I have a bad race day, I'll just slow down and start focusing on riding smooth, and not worry about who passes me.

This sort of happend to me at my last race. At the beginning I was riding over my head because of a bad start(almost dead last) and went down twice in the first 10 min. After that I slowed down alot. I got up to 5th when I started slow down. I dont know if I was in the top 10 when I got going good again. But since I started to focus on riding slower there, I eventually started riding quicker and ended up 2nd.

Hope your next is good to you,

S&F.