Sign in to follow this  

Gorman Ride Report

Hey just wanted to report on my ride yesturday. I went to Gorman/Hungry Valley yesturday and it was awsome It wasnt to busy either. We got there at 8:00am and we unloaded the bikes and we took off on our first ride of the day it was awsome we went up some hill climbs and saw some snakes 🙂 but none that were directly on the trail all the snakes we saw were slithering off the path. Only one thing pissed me off and that was I had my little brother with me and he was riding his quad and he is very carefull and responsable on his quad but while we were on a trail my brother was in the front following my uncle and I was taking up the rear. This guy on a yamaha quad came flying up on my Rear and he was about 3 feet away from hitting my rear tire and then he started to rev his engine so he could get buy but the only problem with that is that the trail was narrow and there was no room for him to go around so I flipped him off because he was still reving his engine at me. Then when there was a opening to pass he did so going even faster and then cut off my bro and almost crashed into him so I was pissed off at this point and wanted to go and catch up to the guy and give him an a** whoopin but I was the bigger person and didnt but other than that we had a great time I will definatly be going there again cause it was fun. :eek::applause:

Damn... i was going to head up there on Saturday morning for a few hours... I haven't been there this season yet. Is the whole park open, or are a lot of trails still closed from the rain season? Glad you had fun there.

It is good trail etiquitte to pull over if someone pulls in behind you and revs their engine - HOWEVER - they've got to understand if the trail is just to narrow to pull over, and pass responsibly when they can. After all, it isn't a race. Sounds like you met any one of the hundred crazy morons out there any day of the week. Glad you didn't have a wreck with him, as often happens. Ride safe.

Damn... i was going to head up there on Saturday morning for a few hours... I haven't been there this season yet. Is the whole park open, or are a lot of trails still closed from the rain season? Glad you had fun there.

Almost everything is open. We rode the Los Padres trails on Sat. and there are only maybe 1 or 2 that are closed or extremely challenging due to downed trees, step ups, etc...

It is good trail etiquitte to pull over if someone pulls in behind you and revs their engine - HOWEVER - they've got to understand if the trail is just to narrow to pull over, and pass responsibly when they can. After all, it isn't a race. Sounds like you met any one of the hundred crazy morons out there any day of the week. Glad you didn't have a wreck with him, as often happens. Ride safe.

Yeah see I know the trail etiquitte is to pull over if someone pulls behind you and revs there engine but it was exactly like you said and it was to narrow to pull over. If he was a dirt bike possibly would have been enough room but he was a big quad and 3 other people had quads in my group so there was nowhere near enough room. Besides that he was just impatient and a jerk like you said they all like to congregate around there but he was the only idiot we encountered so it was ok. :applause:

so I flipped him off because he was still reving his engine at me. Then when there was a opening to pass he did so going even faster and then cut off my bro and almost crashed into him so I was pissed off at this point and wanted to go and catch up to the guy and give him an a** whoopin but I was the bigger person and didnt but other

you were the bigger man by flipping him off for revving his engine... :applause:

so I flipped him off because he was still reving his engine at me. Then when there was a opening to pass he did so going even faster and then cut off my bro and almost crashed into him so I was pissed off at this point and wanted to go and catch up to the guy and give him an a** whoopin but I was the bigger person and didnt but other

you were the bigger man by flipping him off for revving his engine... :applause:

That is what I was thinking. :eek:

It's never 'cool' to be impatient on the trails... but to flip the guy off?? It's not the answer either.

I'm a patient rider even when I encounter a slow pack... but if I had given ya a rev, and you flipped me off... I'd made sure I passed the first second I could get. ...and you need to be close to throw a 'rev' ... otherwise how else would ya hear it??

...anyway... the guy seemed to be impatient, something I too encounter but I handle it differently than 'flippin the bird'.

Ok maybe I shouldnt have flipped him off. However we were on a very narrow trail and he could see that there is no room so why was he even reving his engine if he knew that it was so narrow he shouldnt have reved at all and let me tell you he knew it was too narrow trust me. I am telling you it was like a hill on one side and a 8ft drop off on the other side and it was only like a quad width apart so I dont see how I am a jerk for Flipping him off because he knew it was narrow. The other thing is he deserved to be flipped off because he then was a Ahole and cut off my little brother who is only 11yrs old and when he cut off my brother my brother had to slam on his brakes because the guy literaly came within a foot of hitting my brother. So once again I will say maybe I shouldnt have flipped him off but he sortof deserved it. so back me up people I agree when I am out with the guys only If the trail is wide enough then people should move over but if I come up on someone on the trail and it is literaly too small then I just patiently wait because I am there to have fun and enjoy myself not to get into competition and Its not a race. :applause:

If that was the only idiot you ran into at Gorman, consider yourself lucky. I've had people in our party t-boned and hit numerous times with many close call near head on's. Mostly with quads, but often with bikes as well. Face it, there's always someone faster than you and it's perfectly normal and acceptable to have someone come up behind you and rev a couple of times. If they keep dogging you and reving constantly, well....they are a jerk. Especially if it's obvious that you can't pull off cause the trail is too narrow. Doing an unsafe pass on a little kid is uncalled for by anyone's good judgement. However, I don't flip off people. The guy was obviously pissed cause he couldn't get past. Flip him off and you may end up being the sorry one. Of course, that's just me.... :applause: Either way, I'm glad you had a fun and relatively safe time.

If that was the only idiot you ran into at Gorman, consider yourself lucky. I've had people in our party t-boned and hit numerous times with many close call near head on's. Mostly with quads, but often with bikes as well. Face it, there's always someone faster than you and it's perfectly normal and acceptable to have someone come up behind you and rev a couple of times. If they keep dogging you and reving constantly, well....they are a jerk. Especially if it's obvious that you can't pull off cause the trail is too narrow. Doing an unsafe pass on a little kid is uncalled for by anyone's good judgement. However, I don't flip off people. The guy was obviously pissed cause he couldn't get past. Flip him off and you may end up being the sorry one. Of course, that's just me.... :eek: Either way, I'm glad you had a fun and relatively safe time.

Yeah like I said I guess Flipping him off just wasnt the answer but it was just kind of an adrenilin thing because he kept doing it for like a half a mile and it was just uncalled for but Next time I will not do anything and just shrug it off because you never know if somone is packing or not especialy after that poll not that longago on here that said do you pack heat when you ride anyway lesson learned and I did have a good time and will definatly go back because I want to check out the 4wd coarse there sometime. :applause:

oh yeah I forgot to tell you BillP that I have seen some pictures that you have posted of your rides and I saw someone there at gorman that was riding a klx 300 and they were wearing the same color jersey and helmet as you in other pictures I have seen the same black adn grey or black and white I cant remember exactly but It was funny.

I say roost the sucker ! :applause: Anybody know when Snowy is open?

oh yeah I forgot to tell you BillP that I have seen some pictures that you have posted of your rides and I saw someone there at gorman that was riding a klx 300 and they were wearing the same color jersey and helmet as you in other pictures I have seen the same black adn grey or black and white I cant remember exactly but It was funny.

Are you saying some imposter is trying to steal my identity??!!?! Was he riding good and fast? :applause: Maybe it was me. :eek:

I say roost the sucker ! :applause: Anybody know when Snowy is open?

Pigpen, I think the only thing you REALLY need to worry about is if you're out there with the black sheep KLX - ie: LTK300. Then, you should be worried.

:eek:

He cut off your little bro, AFTER you FLIPPED him off.And you also added he followed you for "a half mile". I refuse to crawl behind slow riders on the trail,MOST don't pull over ,when they can.And anyone that FLIPS me off ,will find themselves in the weeds.

Were there Rangers at the gate checking stickers? I'm going friday with a red stickered friend. We've been riding Rower lately but that place seems to really trash my bike. (flat tire, dented header, poked a hole in the left side of my case!)

Were there Rangers at the gate checking stickers? I'm going friday with a red stickered friend. We've been riding Rower lately but that place seems to really trash my bike. (flat tire, dented header, poked a hole in the left side of my case!)

yes there is a booth that you pull up to that is manned by the rangers and you pay $5 to get in for the day but they will check and there are a ton of rangers patroling the area and they are all armed. :applause: