Sign in to follow this  

Need Advice for MX Track in San Diego

I’m going to head down to San Diego this weekend, and I’m looking for an MX track to ride. Searching the internet, El Cajon looks like it could be fun. Anyone have any advice? I have an out of state resident sticker so I do not need to worry about red sticker restrictions. Is there a website for Lake Elsinore? Are there any OHV tracks close to San Diego worth riding?

Thanks!

You do not have to worry about any red/green stickers. Go to Proride.com and click on tracks.

El Cajon is fun but small they also let you practice with your class A or B, Lake Elsinore is a great track with really big jumps, they also have a vet track that is pretty melow but Elsinore gets really crowded, Perris is close by and a blastm there is also Starwest a small SX style track, Cahuilla Creek is my favorite, its a fun outdoor nationals style trac...... or you could just go to Glen Helen.....for evening riding Starwest, Perris, and El Cajon all have lights on.......as for OHV parks the only one I know of is Lake Marina just outside Alpine......hit me up Im always down for a moto!!!!

El Cajon is a total SX style track and in my opinion it could definatley have a better layout. Like redryder428 said Cahuilla Creek is far and away the best track in Southern California. Theres also the track out at Amago Sports park which is kind of fun and really laid back. All things considered, I think you would have a blast at Cahuilla or Elsinore.

Thanks for the advice. Cahuilla looks like it would be the most fun, but after driving from Walnut Creek to San Diego (~8hrs) I probably won't want to drive much more. I'll probably end up at El Cajon on Saturday.

Redryder: I'll try to post on Friday night if I am going to El Cajon for sure.