Sign in to follow this  

bent my radiator

i ride a crf 450 x, i ate it this weekend and both sides of my radiator where pushed in and i also looks twisted. there is no leaks should i try and bend it back? or would i have to replace something like that? :applause:

I did the same thing on Sat. I am going to send it to Mylers www.motorcycleradiators.com. Mine isn't leaking either but I can't mount the guard or the shroud because the mount tabs are bent in.

I twiseted my left radiator and when tring to twist it back, it started leaking. I then heated (which I should have done before tring to straitening it) and stratiened it and then used a aluminium epoxy to re-seal the seam between the cap and the body. Still no leaks. I have a new one on order for the day that it starts leaking.

-Chuck

I've got a brand new left radiator from a 2005 CRF450R for sale, $90 + 10 for shipping.

D0 not bend it back if it does not leak leave it alone. If it's bad as in rad shrouds dont look right or line up you may need to replace or fix radiators. If it does not bother you cosmetically I would just keep it like it is. Bend them back and you wont be riding until you get them fixed they will leak.

Devol makes some nice ones, I have Storms on my 02. Have some Devols laying around somewhere, they are not for an X though.

I have devols on the X now, they work good. Dumped it last weekend and no bending

I dumped the "X" and bent my left radiator. The radiator was not leaking, BUT I was getting ready to go to Colorado so I bought a new radiator and the Flatland Racing radiator guards.

The gaurds require removal of the cooling fins but I was not too concerned as I knew it would be cooler up in the mountains. I did drop the bike in a knarly stream and the guards saved the same side radiator.

Now that I am back in Texas, I am going to go to Engine Ice.

The Flatland Racing guards are top shelf.

Go with the Devol or Flatland Racing radiator guards. They WILL save your radiators. I have Devol on my 2smoke Husky, and they saved my radiators many times. I have not seen any overheating problems with it in TN summers.