Sign in to follow this  

Sell or Keep?

I usually ride at this spot by my house and yesterday this guy came up to me and told me that I had to leave. I ran through a field of crops one day by accident and it was the first time I was riding there by myself and that was the way I was showed. The field also was just planted so there were only seeds in the ground and that was it. So I couldn't tell if it was planted or not. I had this other kid with me so I stopped my bike asked if it was planted and he goes no so we continued onto the field. Also, i'm the only one to be kicked off the same person who was with me through the fields didn't. This happened three months ago.

Two days ago I was riding home with a friend on the back of my bike. The rain was hitting down so hard I could hardly see, and my friend on the back was yelling because of the rain hitting down at us hurt really bad so I gave him my goggles and just kept my helmet on and instead of going down a long dirt road, I went down a driveway which is exactly parrallel to the road and I'm not apposed to go down it but I couldn't see anything infront of me so if I went down the dirtroad and hit a puddle or a dip in the dirt and didn't expect it the result probally wouldn't have been too good so I went down the driveway.

So back to yesterday, I got kicked off by this jerk on a 500. I'm 14 hes like 35 and I heard that he was saying all this rude stuff about me like "I don't care what gear he has i'll still kick his ass" "I dont care who hes with ill still kick him off" I have alpinestar boots and some people in my town seem to hate me because I have them, especially his comment towards my gear. What kind of 35 year old picks on people.. so that's why I think he's a jerk.

He calls me throttle happy and all this other stuff which i'm not, if anything I go slow since I don't even know how to turn fast. This guy doesn't even own the place I ride at but he talked to the person who owns it and he said that he doesnt want me here. I doubt the guy whose 35 told the owner of the land that it was an accident, and that i'm new to dirtbiking. And I bet this one kid who is always at his house actually playing with him told him stuff that's not true.

I was assured by two of my friends yesterday that I could come and everything would be fine. I was like nah it's probally not a good idea but they were saying no come on. So I was just like allright. So I went there and the kid who brought me there left to go meet someone and so I stopped my bike took off my helmet and stuff and started chopping down trees that are in the way of the trails. So i'm working and the 35 year old guy comes over to me points at me and said you can't be here, leave. So I was just like okay. I didn't want to be disrespectfull to him or anything and I didn't want to cause any problems. So he leaves and I wait there for my friend to come back to tell him I have to leave and he comes back 10 minutes later with the 35yr old guy and he looked at me and said didn't you hear what I said before? I said yeah I did, I was just waiting for my friend to come back so I could tell him I was leaving since he left his cell phone here. Then I hopped on my bike and left. So I think that the kids that brought me back, set me up. I'm angry about that because I would have never been there if it wasn't for them.

One of my friends told me if I talked to the farmer that I would be able to ride there again most likely because hes a nice guy, but the kid who told me this I think set me up too so I don't want to take his advise. But even if i'm allowed to ride there again I have to deal with this jerk and he's probally going to still give me a tough time on everything, he'll probally "accidently" roost me because thats just the jerk he is. He has a 500 too so that would hurt.. alot.

So now i'm thinking of just quitting the sport. I like it alot but if I kept a dirtbike id have to drive to a park everything I wanted to ride.

What do you guys think?

By the way i'm posting here even though I have a TT-R230 because i'm going to get a YZF250F I think.. and I want advise from this forum since you guys seem to be older, probally more wizer since this forum is for bigger bikes...

Keep it, don't be a puss. Don't let crap like that discourage you. In 1 year you can get a limited driving permit and you can haul your bike anywhere you want to ride. If you're that easily discouraged then maybe you don't like riding that much?

I love riding, I think it's probally the best hobby i've ever had but I cant ride at my local riding place anymore because of that jerk.

Go and talk to the owner, or the farmer and ask him directly if you can ride there. There is no harm in that. If he does allow you to ride mention your situation with the older guy so you can get a bearing on what his problem is. Good luck

yeah i might do that but hes still going to be a jerk around me and I dont want to deal with the stuff that he would pull on me :applause: don't want to get hurt around him either

That 35 year old dude is probably all talk. There's no way he would beat up on a 14y.o. kid who is just riding. Next time he says something to you, show him that you arent a puss and maybe he will leave you alone. Most importantly, DO NOT SELL YOUR BIKE. if you love to ride, it shouldnt matter what anyone else thinks. Screw all those non-dirtbike ridin fags.

Yeah call his bluff, next time he says "he'll still kick your ass" stand up to him. If it turns out he will kick your ass then.... Well I don't know what you should do but I know what you shouldn't do, and that's sell your bike.

what i would doo is go ask for permission to ride there from the farmer. If u love the sport dont EVER sell your bike u will really regret it.. and next time that guy says something to you stick up for yourself, its not his property and he probably shouldnt be there either. a 35 yr old man isnt going to beat up a little kid and if he does he's going to have some law suits on his hands.. soo get permission keep riding and have fun.

Go and talk to the owner, or the farmer and ask him directly if you can ride there. There is no harm in that. If he does allow you to ride mention your situation with the older guy so you can get a bearing on what his problem is. Good luck

Thats what I would do.

heres what to do, go riding at that spot, then get the guy to kick your ass and you'll be able to ride there for at least like 1 year becuase what can he do anything about your dirtbiking from a jail cell.

Really, yoy have to talk to the land owner and reach an agreement with the 35 y.o.

first talk to the farmer and get permissiona to ride there then if the old guy says anything to you just stand up for urself and if he does start beating on u then sue him for sumthing and with the moneyu get buy a new yz450f and waste him on his 500 thats or if he is in jail long enogh get a yz250f and get some prectice so when he does get out of jail u can show him u can ride and take his money.

Still wondering why Wrooster doesn't come here anymore? All these little brat kids have turned this forum from one of respect and intelligence,to this.

Anyone who rides over someone's crops ought to have his ass kicked anyway. I don't buy your excuse about the crops just being seeds either, because you can plainly see when a planter has been through a field, even before the crops start to grow. Plus if you're 14, you've been around long enough to know when planting season is anyway, especially if the field is close to where you live, like you say. Jerks riding down crops have closed down some prime riding area around here, so you get ZERO sympathy from me.

If you want to ride, first go ask the farmer how much $$ you took out of his pocket by riding over his planted field. When you're man enough to repay him, you're man enough to ride.

There was corn stuff chopped up in it so it looked like it wasn't planted at all. Yeesh.. why do some people here have to be such jerks.. Anyways I called the farmer and he wasn't there so i'm calling him back tomorrow.

Go talk to the farmer and get permission from him. He is the land owner, not the 35 yr old wuss! If possible, get written permission from the farmer and keep it with you and show the 35 yr old chump! I have been in your shoes and this worked for me. I am 34, and I don't treat other riders like this moron does!

Still wondering why Wrooster doesn't come here anymore? All these little brat kids have turned this forum from one of respect and intelligence,to this.

First of all, leave the dude alone already. Maby he just has personal things to take care of, he doesnt need to be on ThumperTalk forums everyday the rest of his life.

Second, if he did "leave" it's probally because of people like YOU. People who think their above others and can simply call them whatever you'd like and do whatever you'd like, because it really doesn't matter. If I were 20 years old, you wouldn't have said that, and don't even post back saying you would say that because you just have no respect for people younger than yourself. Back off and respect others. :applause:

Anyone who rides over someone's crops ought to have his ass kicked anyway. I don't buy your excuse about the crops just being seeds either, because you can plainly see when a planter has been through a field, even before the crops start to grow. Plus if you're 14, you've been around long enough to know when planting season is anyway, especially if the field is close to where you live, like you say. Jerks riding down crops have closed down some prime riding area around here, so you get ZERO sympathy from me.

If you want to ride, first go ask the farmer how much $$ you took out of his pocket by riding over his planted field. When you're man enough to repay him, you're man enough to ride.

It truely was an accident, and i'm sorry for what I did. I'm calling him tomorrow at 8:30pm and telling him the story from exactly what happened. If you don't beleive me and think I did it on purpose then whatever, but it was an accident. I'd much rather go around the farm because I like to trail ride and I wouldn't even mind if I had to ride 20 minutes to get to a riding spot, even if I had to do it everyday.