Best price for Gaerne SG 10's???

How much for a pair of 11's shipped to zip code 74726?

Keep it Down

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TR_455067

Here's a link for black 11s. Remember, shipping is free for others of 149.00 or more in the continential US and non-oversized. :applause: I believe that Brian Wilson sent you a PM as well regarding this.

Not to take business from TT, but since he asked for the best price...

Go here: www.afterburnermx.com

Call and ask for Mike and tell him Rick sent you. I guarantee he'll give you the best price available.

Considering we have a published low price guarantee, we always have the best price. :applause:

And, I'd like to think there is some value in support us, considering the value of TT to many and it's enormously affordable monthly fee. ?

We've always been subtle about this topic and honestly, I'm not sure why. Should we be more vocal about this? ? We just like the hard sell. Nobody does, so we'll never go down that road. :eek:

So, for example, even if your boy Mike was able to beat us by, say, $10.00. Fair enough, $10 bucks is $10 bucks. However, Mike isn't the guy you'll turn to at 11pm when you need help with your bike or first-hand feedback on various products. From my standpoint, this is where the value of TT comes in and only our members can put a price tag on the value that TT brings them.

Apples to Apples, a $10 dollar savings translates in .83 cents per month. Is TT worth .83 cents per month to our members? Again, only they can put a value on that. So, while there are plenty of places to buy parts, when you buy from our competitors, you get a product in exchange for your money. When you buy from us, you get a product in exchange for your money, but a decent portion of what you do spend goes right back into the operation of the very site you are reading (an hopefully enjoying) now... ?

Few things in life offer this win/win exchange and we thank those that support us in all we do. ?

Bryan

Brian, no matter what part number I type in I come up with this page.

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TR_45-5062

I think I might know where the problem is.

Our part numbers are supposed to strip the dashes from them when you type them in.

For example TR_45-5062 is really TR_455062

The system wasn't correctly applying the part numbers.

I have fixed the problem and everything should work just fine now.

***UPDATE***

Crap... I should have bought my boots from TT. I paid one dollar less for boots somewhere else but I know they would have matched it.

Plus I could have supported the community.

BTW, this community has helped me out greatly!

Keep it Down

Bryan, I agree with almost everything you said, which is why I was hesitant in posting my response and why I prefaced it the way I did. Given the concern you showed for my recent problem with another member, I know only too well how TT cares about its members. Unfortunately, TT can't possibly be all things to all people and the local shops still need to survive for the industry as a whole to thrive. The link I posted is to a recently-opened independent shop that sells nothing but accessories (no vehicle sales). They don't even have much of a web presence as you can see from their site. You might think another shop in So Cal is no big deal, but here in the San Fernando Valley we have few shops to choose from that aren't overpriced motorcycle dealerships. Even fewer that sell well below MSRP and actually have stuff in stock. The guys behind AfterburnerMX are real enthusiasts who care about other riders, much the way TT does. Just like TT, I'd like to see them stay in business a long time so I'll steer an occasional customer their way. What I won't do is promote them in a way that is contrary to TT rules or in poor taste. The question was asked, and I responded. You showed incredible restraint and fairness in not deleting my post, which says a lot about you. You're right about this being a tight community, and that's why I participate despite my position in the industry and the potential for harm to the magazines I work for. But the reality is that competition is what makes the industry work, keeps things affordable and gives us all many options. I have also bought from (no, I don't get anything I want for free) and recommended TT items to others, so there is some balance. If I were faced with the choice of a few $$$ savings between TT and another vendor and delivery time/costs were the same, I would buy from TT first. I just like having a choice when all other things are NOT the same.

Bryan, I agree with almost everything you said, which is why I was hesitant in posting my response and why I prefaced it the way I did. Given the concern you showed for my recent problem with another member, I know only too well how TT cares about its members. Unfortunately, TT can't possibly be all things to all people and the local shops still need to survive for the industry as a whole to thrive. The link I posted is to a recently-opened independent shop that sells nothing but accessories (no vehicle sales). They don't even have much of a web presence as you can see from their site. You might think another shop in So Cal is no big deal, but here in the San Fernando Valley we have few shops to choose from that aren't overpriced motorcycle dealerships. Even fewer that sell well below MSRP and actually have stuff in stock. The guys behind AfterburnerMX are real enthusiasts who care about other riders, much the way TT does. Just like TT, I'd like to see them stay in business a long time so I'll steer an occasional customer their way. What I won't do is promote them in a way that is contrary to TT rules or in poor taste. The question was asked, and I responded. You showed incredible restraint and fairness in not deleting my post, which says a lot about you. You're right about this being a tight community, and that's why I participate despite my position in the industry and the potential for harm to the magazines I work for. But the reality is that competition is what makes the industry work, keeps things affordable and gives us all many options. I have also bought from (no, I don't get anything I want for free) and recommended TT items to others, so there is some balance. If I were faced with the choice of a few $$$ savings between TT and another vendor and delivery time/costs were the same, I would buy from TT first. I just like having a choice when all other things are NOT the same.

Fair enough. I have no reason to have deleted your post, as we acknowledge our competition and many are very, very good at what they do. Now, if you get commission from your buddy, yes, I'd delete it. But, we don't delete posts from our members sharing expereriences with our competitors. After all, this is an open consumer to consumer forum. As much as we'd like to be all things to everyone, it's not possible. But, we try damn hard for sure! :applause:

However, for the record we ARE the local shop. Meaning that we have showroom, warehouse space, employees and all the bills/headaches associated with them. So, I understand what you are taking about when you say survival. We don't sweat real dealers. We sweat parts & accessories schleppers working out of their home or garage with no overhead, in effect driving down margins to the point that nobody wants to become a reputable, full service parts & accessories dealer, as there is no way to make a decent living at it. Fortuntately, our customers value the peace of mind, knowing who we are and that we'll be here for them, should they need us.

As I said, we've not hammed the community about buying from us, as we like the support that we get because our members appreciate TT as the great resource it is. However, we still have to support our families and other obligations, we like everyone, we have to sell and be competitive at what we do.

Again, thanks for all your support. :eek:

Not to send anyone away from TT - and I guess TT will match or beat this price (?) but I just ordered the boots from Afterburner for $245 two days ago - I didn't shop aroud because i got wind of there price and ordered them - Oh yea , I got the Orange and Black ones!! :applause: