Sign in to follow this  

What's in your fender bag for off roading?

I'm in the process of gearing up my new ride (wrf450) for some off roading and looking for some advice on the must haves vs don't bother for safety equipment.

So what do you bring with you? Spare tube? small irons? co2? etc

i bring a spark plug, spark plug wrench(must haves) , a pair of plyers, a couple screwdrivers,and a piece of fencing wire( you never know). but i found that you have to be careful with the screwdrivers. they like to poke holes in stuff and i lost almost all my tools one time lol. as far as taking tubes and stuff like that i dont bring that kind of stuff because i dont ride real long distances and you can normally ride on a flat tired for quite a long ways if you have to.

A couple of beers !! :eek:🙂

Actually...crescent wrench,small vise grips.One of them swiss type do all knife

pliers thingy. Duct tape wrapped around the crescent handle, sockets w/small

ratchet, screwdrivers,rag,map, assorted zip ties. need to carry some flat fix tools but dont have any. Some baling wire,a few dollars $$. I keep my wallet and cell phone in there also. 😛😛

Damn...now there is no room for the beer !! :applause:

Front tube (can be used for a rear).

Small end for inflating the tube and 3 co2 carts (thats what it takes to inflate a rear).

Small tire irons

Multi tool that you can pick up for 30 bucks at the bicycle shop.

screwdriver hex bits (multi tool has a socket the fit right in)

plug wrench (yamaha special)

six inch vice grips clamped to the works connection rad guard (its out of the way, fits just about every bolt on the bike, can double as a lever)

couple of common fasteners

master link

2' of saftey wire.

electrical tape.

a plug and a couple of hose clamps

If you do it right all of it except the tube take up about as much space as a beer can.

Adjustable Wrench, Screwdriver, Master Link, Sandpaper, Plug Wrench, Dremel, Zip Ties, MSR Bottle of Gas.

I bring a couple tools like others above have suggested also I carry the following:

first aid kit

knife

a bundle of zip tyes

a emergency light stick ( the long ones that last 12 hrs)

a flashlight

matches

a monocular

a mirror

and very important Toilet Paper (ya never know)

Most of my stuff is first aid If I brake down I have plenty of people who I ride with that can tow me or whatever plus I dont go on any really extreem trails or on 100 mile rides so no use for a spare tube I just bring tire sealant and a co2 filler.

Great - Thanks to all that responded. Just wondering, master link was mentioned a couple times - is there a special tool for installing (probably lame question but nevre had to fix a chain...)

Great - Thanks to all that responded. Just wondering, master link was mentioned a couple times - is there a special tool for installing (probably lame question but nevre had to fix a chain...)
Motion pro compact chain breaker. Carry the foot long heavy duty zip ties, a dozen or so. I carry 5 co2 cartridges. Waterproof matches in a waterproof container. A wad of gauze and tape (any tape will do and duct tape works for more than taping gauze). The gauze also works good as padding between some of the tools (make sure it's sealed in 2-3 heavy zip lock bags. The freezer kind hold up the best).