Sign in to follow this  

My poor wheel

After that enduro that I did saturday, I can wiggle my rim on the hub about a 1/4-1/2 inch to either side. This is how much my spokes keep loosening up. Half of them are bent and mangled, and the other half are froze and won't tighten.

I've always kept up on tightening the spokes, if I bought new spokes (probably excel) would I be tightening them as much?

How much time do you have on your stock wheels/hubs? You should only have to tighten them 2-3 times before they seat and take a much longer time to loosen up. Im not sure if the excels would help the loosening problem, but they would be much stronger then stock and resist bending better.

I have excel rims and spline drive nipples and spokes and have 2 rides and nothing is loose.With stock when my bike was new i was tightening spokes every ride for months,i think this is a Honda thing.I don't why ,it should not be any different than any other bike.But the excel spokes are thicker and probally stronger.

Happened to me, but I tightened them before it got bad and every time I check them now they are good.

The nike? Haha, Yeah, I'm just one of those undersided bastards. I can never make up my mind on anything. But yes, as of today, I am keeping the bike. :applause: