Sign in to follow this  

Mammoth riding in August

Who is going to be available for riding around the Mammoth Lakes area in August? I'll be up there for two weeks (7th to the 20th) and plan to do some riding. Probably will do 1 or 2 very long (e.g., 120+ mile) DS exploration/adventure rides, mixed in with a few shorter trail rides.

I was up there in June and got shut out on riding because I could not find any riding partners :applause:.

In Aug. we'll have a group of between 2-5. Intermediate skill level and all take safety very seriously. All welcome.

I'm moving from so cal to Bishop in the middle of Aug.

Lucky you. :applause:

I know how busy a move can be, but if you want to get out for a ride in that timeframe, send me a PM.

R

Gonna be up there from the 13th to the 20th staying in June Lake. Bikes going right now are

2 xr100's

2 xr250's

3 xr400's

1 drz400

1 525 exc

1 quad

Hey EM_rider,

I might take you up on that offer. The D37 Dual Sport schedule is slow in August and it would be nice to get away. I have a couple of GPS routes and roll charts for that area that might be up for consideration.

I just got back from a week of riding in Mammoth. Hit some great trails with the help of EM rider! If I could swing a few days off work to make it up there again I would be there in a heartbeat. We did the "Sneakers MC" loop around Mono Lake and up to Bodie - back through Lee Vining/June Lake. Awesome!!! About 135 miles on the bike with a couple of side trips. Deep silt, and DUSTY like I've never seen, but well worth it. I allready booked my campsite for next year.

Thanks EM!

Lucky you. :applause:

I know how busy a move can be, but if you want to get out for a ride in that timeframe, send me a PM.

R

I can always make time for a ride 🙂😛 Mostly I have ridden alone up there so some company would be welcome! :eek:

EM rider, my son (13 yrs, xr 200) and I (45yrs, cannondale 450) are planning to go up there in Aug. for a long weekend. Would love to go riding. Fished up there for years, but this will be the first time with the bikes. My son has only started riding this year and is a beginner. I ride real conservitive when he is with me. From what I have read about the area, it's mostly jeep trails, and my son can handle those just fine.

Are you up to guiding a couple of slow riders around? If so we would enjoy riding with you.

Thanks,

Crash Ash,

Crash Ash Jr.

EM rider, my son (13 yrs, xr 200) and I (45yrs, cannondale 450) are planning to go up there in Aug. for a long weekend. Would love to go riding. Fished up there for years, but this will be the first time with the bikes. My son has only started riding this year and is a beginner. I ride real conservitive when he is with me. From what I have read about the area, it's mostly jeep trails, and my son can handle those just fine.

Are you up to guiding a couple of slow riders around? If so we would enjoy riding with you.

Thanks,

Crash Ash,

Crash Ash Jr.

Well there is a healthy mix of very easy to really hard so be carefull!

I just got back from a week of riding in Mammoth. Hit some great trails with the help of EM rider! If I could swing a few days off work to make it up there again I would be there in a heartbeat. We did the "Sneakers MC" loop around Mono Lake and up to Bodie - back through Lee Vining/June Lake. Awesome!!! About 135 miles on the bike with a couple of side trips. Deep silt, and DUSTY like I've never seen, but well worth it. I allready booked my campsite for next year.

Glad you enjoyed the riding. Now you know what I meant about the long, soft, sandy section around Mono Lake.

Gonna be up there from the 13th to the 20th staying in June Lake. Bikes going right now are

2 xr100's

2 xr250's

3 xr400's

1 drz400

1 525 exc

1 quad

It will be easy to spot your group on the trails. Just look for the huge dust cloud. 🙂

Hey EM_rider,

I might take you up on that offer. The D37 Dual Sport schedule is slow in August and it would be nice to get away. I have a couple of GPS routes and roll charts for that area that might be up for consideration.

Great, send me a PM if you're able to make it up on those dates. :applause:

I can always make time for a ride Mostly I have ridden alone up there so some company would be welcome!

Great, lets try and firm up plans closer to the date. I'm always up for trying and exploring new stuff. A TT group ride up there would be fun. :eek:

Thanks,

Crash Ash,

Crash Ash Jr.

Crash and Crash Jr. all are welcome. I did a 55 mile loop with my buddy and his 11yr old son last year that was fun, scenic and suitable for beginners. Happy to just cruise around and explore. There is a huge amount of riding up there that is beginner friendly. A word of caution, however, be very careful about oncoming traffic on many of the forest and fire roads. Many of these roads see a lot of traffic in the summer months.

I'd suggest trying to organize one mega-long, challenging, DS adventure type ride and another more mellow beginner ride sometime during those two weeks, depending on everyone's availability. A couple other shorter trail rides should also fit easily into the family vacation schedule.

R

I'd suggest trying to organize one mega-long, challenging, DS adventure type ride and another more mellow beginner ride sometime during those two weeks, depending on everyone's availability. A couple other shorter trail rides should also fit easily into the family vacation schedule.

R

Sounds good! I love riding up there it's so scenic and endless! I also just got word from DWP out of 4000 applicants I placed in the top 40 and will be interviewed sometime after July 20th for a position in Bishop

:applause:

Thanks EM, as soon as I get my bike back together, (engine rebuild) my son and I will be going up there. I'll keep you posted when I have a date fixed. We are going to Kennedy Meadows this weekend, so my son will get a taste of some real trail riding in the woods. When we come up to the Mammoth area, we will probably go to Convict Lake to camp and start our riding from there. Unless of course you have a better idea for us. I know the area really well from Bishop to Bridgeport, been fishing up there for years.

And also, good luck Rockchucker 22, I would love to live in Bishop. Jealousy is such an ugly emotion.

Crash Ash

Thanks EM, as soon as I get my bike back together, (engine rebuild) my son and I will be going up there. I'll keep you posted when I have a date fixed. We are going to Kennedy Meadows this weekend, so my son will get a taste of some real trail riding in the woods. When we come up to the Mammoth area, we will probably go to Convict Lake to camp and start our riding from there. Unless of course you have a better idea for us. I know the area really well from Bishop to Bridgeport, been fishing up there for years.

OK, just post here when the dates are firm. RC22, good luck on the move and DWP in Bishop. Wonderful place.

R