Sign in to follow this  

Anyone have any DECENT Knobbies they want to give away?

I noticed a LOT of the racers on here and a lot of people in general replace their knobbies after just a couple races or couple trips to the woods etc..

Lately - there are a lot of posts about only getting 200 miles or so out of a tire - I'll take em!!!! I would love a REAL MX Tire - non-DOT is fine - a MUD tire or SAND tire, or even just an agressive knobby.... Heck - a Good MT21 or D606 would be cool...

Would any of you be willing to FedEx me your used knobbies?(Of course I'll take care of the shipping....)

I put almost 4,000 miles on my Pirelli MT21's and don't really want to have to use them in Baja in 2 weeks..

If any of you have a set of GOOD knobbies that they could spare - I can send you a Fedex Number and all you have to do is duct tape the two tires together, and drop them off at ANY Fedex/Kinkos..

I hate to ask this, but my Baja buddies are wussing out and want to stay in HOTELS for the entire trip... That adds a couple hundred bucks to the cost of the Baja trip... Sissies :applause: Now I can't afford a terraflex and 14/47... Any help is appreciated...

I just know there has to be someone here with a dozen spare knobbies that are only a quarter to half worn that won't work in a race... just taking up space...

HERE ARE MY MT21's - this is what I consider worn out - anything better than this is WANTED!!! I don't want to have to use these!!!

MT21%20003.jpg

MT21%20005.jpg

Sorry...but I have two or three sets in the garage that look just like that...or even more worn.

I'm on my third set this summer alone. It does not take much to ruin a knobby on the road...two or three hard road rides and it's toast.

I've got a 19" rear that's no good to me and has been in my garage for years, I can't even remember the brand or model number.

It's about 75% tread left. Anyone is welcome to it if they want to pay the shipping.

Waxy

Why don't you call trailboss tours www.trailbosstours.com My buddy has so many good used tires he pulls off the rentel bikes he dosen't know what to do with them. He sells then for like $5 each. He is up in Cardiff right off I5. If you live closer to me I would hook you up.

let me get this straight:

you have a $6000 bike

you have a dig camera

you have a computer

your going to baja!!

and you can't spare $100 for a fresh set of rubber for a big ride!!!!!!!! :applause::eek:🙂😛😛😛😛😛😛 &%$#@!????

mackmack makes a good point I would like to take a trip to baja but cant afford it ,cause I put new tires on my bike.

Like Moredesert said, the moto-tour guys (like myself - www.bajaboundmoto.com ) run the rears for 3 or 4 days and take 'em off.

Sometimes they're still at 70% or so. They're great!

Tires are rally hard to get rid of because the trash guy won't take 'em.

On the rear we run Dunlops 739AT, 606, or 756. All are 18"

let me get this straight:

you have a $6000 bike

you have a dig camera

you have a computer

your going to baja!!

and you can't spare $100 for a fresh set of rubber for a big ride!!!!!!!! :applause::eek:🙂😛😛😛😛😛😛 &%$#@!????

HAHAHAH!!! :mad:

I'm FINANCING a $6k bike for $100 a month..

I have a 1998 Model POS Digital Cam..

My laptop was a birthday present.

I live 15 minutes from Baja..

Its really only a 250 mile ride.

:snore:

I wish I had it like that, but I spent the $100 I need for tires on a new Gold STREET CHAIN and 41T Sprocket!! I still have to swap back to the dirt sprocket setup, and Blue/White plastics, along with buying new spare HD tubes, Tire Pump, New Patch Kit, and whats killing me is the hotel rooms are like $85 a night at "La Pinta" Hotel in San Quintin, and the same in Ensenada. :snore:

I left a message at both BAJABOUNDMOTO and TRAILBOSSTOURS - Hopefully I can make a trip to Escondido or Cardiff!!!

Thank you all!!!

let me check my backyard...i'm in san diego also.

ok well you can have a 65% tread dunlop 739 rear and a 80% dunlop 606 front if you want. email me and i'll give you my cell phone number.

SWEET!!!!! I emailed you Rubenz, and one of the tour groups I left a message with just took off today for a baja trip with new tires - when they get back - they will give me 6 tires with only one baja trip of wear on them...

This works out perfect - there are 3 of us going on the trip, and I think we ALL need rear tires.. I'm the only one that needs a front.

This is what "I" think TT is all about.... Sharing Info, Leftovers, Spare parts etc..

Great! Tim and Chris are both great guys. That's why I ride with the tour groups when I run Baja. Good luck

hey DRZBIGB where in calif do you live? if you're near santa clarita, i've heard pitt pro's over in newhall gives away slightly used tires... i've seen the tires out back, but not sure if they're free, maybe just a rumor. if you're close, give them a call

Cody