Sign in to follow this  

Slimrider, please respond!

Slimrider,

I know there are a few of us out here looking forward to some feedback on your fork compression and rebound settings, as well as the sag.

I am 170lbs. and I would like to give the same settings a try.

Thanks! :applause:

I don't remember what they were at the time, and I sent the suspension out and had it revalved. I can get you the settings off of that but I don't think they will apply. When I did have mike from factory connection set the clickers it was at the track. I don't know how it works at where you live, but in New England any race you go to, there is at least one suspension shop there, and just ask them to set your sag and adjust your clickers to your weight and ability.

I don't remember what they were at the time, and I sent the suspension out and had it revalved. I can get you the settings off of that but I don't think they will apply. When I did have mike from factory connection set the clickers it was at the track. I don't know how it works at where you live, but in New England any race you go to, there is at least one suspension shop there, and just ask them to set your sag and adjust your clickers to your weight and ability.

The only suspension guys out here run their own shops and want you to have their suspension if they are going to offer support.

Next year I am thinking about having my suspension worked on, but until then I need to find the best settings possible with the factory stuff.

By the way, who did you send your suspension to?

If you weigh 170 the stock spring rates are too stiff. They work great for someone that is 210 -220 lbs. If you check with pro-circuit or factory connection they will recommend lighter springs. I weigh 172 and am running 5.3 on the rear and 4.6 in the forks as factory connection put in. Stock shock spring is a 5.5 but its a bit progressive so it actually reads as a 5.4 so to have any effect FC goes down to a 5.3. John Dowd is running these spring rates on his national bike....

While it costs a lot to revalve and buy new springs , my suspension is just amazing to ride.... I love this bike!

If you weigh 170 the stock spring rates are too stiff. They work great for someone that is 210 -220 lbs. If you check with pro-circuit or factory connection they will recommend lighter springs. I weigh 172 and am running 5.3 on the rear and 4.6 in the forks as factory connection put in. Stock shock spring is a 5.5 but its a bit progressive so it actually reads as a 5.4 so to have any effect FC goes down to a 5.3. John Dowd is running these spring rates on his national bike....

While it costs a lot to revalve and buy new springs , my suspension is just amazing to ride.... I love this bike!

I am sure that it is worth it. How much did it set you back? How was the turnaround time?