Sign in to follow this  

Thinking of selling

I have an 05 YZ250F with FMF. I am thinking of selling due to best friends wife being killed on hers. What do you think I can get for it?

May I suggest you give your self some time. I rode Harleys for 20 years and lost some good friends. Though about givin it up everytime someone rode off to the Heavens.

When I was 16 (30 years ago) a good friend got wrapped around a light poll and was killed on the track. (name and track being with held) I am still riding. They would not have wanted me to quit and I am so glad I didnt. Would have missed out on so much.

Would you quit driving if some one you love is killed in a car crash? The loss is hard but each day is easier. You may change the color of your bike so as to not remind you every time you ride, but to quit riding or sell your machine may be something you will regret, and may not be what your friend or his wife would have wanted.

From one that has been there to many times,

Mike

I agree with Mike. Same story with me so i wont tell it. Keep it, give yourself some space and time. I love riding too much to ever stop, its a huge part of my life, without it I would not be living...

Thanks for the encouragement. However, it has been two months and I have no desire to ride. I was there when it happened and took off her helmet. The helmet seemed to offer no protection as she was almost unrecognizable. Massive head trauma, broken neck, brocken back, never responded and died about 10 minutes after impact. If I ever do ride again it will be many many years down the road so for now I am going to sell.

Thanks

Thanks for the encouragement. However, it has been two months and I have no desire to ride. I was there when it happened and took off her helmet. The helmet seemed to offer no protection as she was almost unrecognizable. Massive head trauma, broken neck, brocken back, never responded and died about 10 minutes after impact. If I ever do ride again it will be many many years down the road so for now I am going to sell.

Thanks

I'm sorry to hear about this and I'm sorry you are giving up riding. I can understand why, that's a lot to go through. Do you mind if I ask how she wrecked?

thats really sad. i don't think i could ever stop riding because of something somebody else did. i love riding WAAAY too much. but ive never seen anybody killed, or even hurt on a bike actually.

just go force yourself to ride it one more time and see how things are. if you really still have no interest after giving it one more shot then go ahead and sell it. but saddle up 1 more time before making that decesion :applause:

Since no one else seems to be answering your question... I'll give it a go. An 05 with low hours and an FMF pipe should get you around $5,000 if it is in excellent condition. Check the for sale fourm to get a better idea too.

As for selling the bike, I agree with the others who have posted. You never know when it will be your time, god has a time for everyone and this was apparently her time. If I had my choice I will go while doing the sport I love.

My thoughts and prayers to you and your friends family.

Best of luck selling your bike.

Since no one else seems to be answering your question... I'll give it a go. An 05 with low hours and an FMF pipe should get you around $5,000 if it is in excellent condition. Check the for sale fourm to get a better idea too.

KBB lists it at $4320, but ya, depending on the condition, it could get more.

A local guy just got $5k for an '04 YZ250, so Kelly isn't always the last word.

Txfour,

So sorry to hear of your experience. Please convey my heart felt condolences to her family.

We lost four friends in a week in the mid seventies in the early days of Hang Gliding. It was really tough, but we got through it. You will too. Those images will haunt; when you are ready, some form of counseling is a good idea....

RH

The replies on this post make me proud to be a part of TT. Best wishes txfour. LT