Sign in to follow this  

Honey Lake MX??

Anyone ridden at Honey Lake? How is it? Worth the drive from the Bay Area? :applause:

Is there camping nearby?

Any feedback would be appreciated! :eek:

(and yes, I AM posting anything, just to get rid of the "tt newbie")

Its ok, nothing special. I personally think thats a long drive to ride, not worth it to me. There is nothing near by, its in the middle of nowhere. I did a D36 race there last year that was fun but the 5 hours I was there was the most time I would want to spend up there.

Anyone ridden at Honey Lake? How is it? Worth the drive from the Bay Area? :applause:

Is there camping nearby?

Any feedback would be appreciated! :eek:

(and yes, I AM posting anything, just to get rid of the "tt newbie")

I raced there a few times last year, awesome track, nice facility and yes you can camp there, but they're only open for races, no open practices. You can check the schedule on their website here

There is an ohv park about 20 miles away in doyle. It is called fort sage, it has trails and camping too.

There is an ohv park about 20 miles away in doyle. It is called fort sage, it has trails and camping too.

no kidding! any good?

Be sure to call ahead to see if there is a fire closure or not. This area gets very dry and is often closed summer and fall. See link below for article.

http://www.off-road.com/dirtbike/features/2005/fortsage/

You might also want to check out Moon Rocks north of Reno.

http://www.off-road.com/dirtbike/features/2004/hungryvalley/

Click on the photos for a better view. Small size thumbnails in articles often don't show much detail.

Fort sage is alright. If you were going for the weekend and had others with you who didn't race , fort sage would be a good spot because the others could ride and the drive back to honey lake isn't too far. But if you were going up there for the sole purpose of riding fort sage, I would say by pass it and head straight for moonrocks.

You can cover fort sage in a day or so, moonrocks seems endless in comparison.