Sign in to follow this  

The Truth about Trucks

Now I am in no way affiliated with Ford nor have I been a huge fan on their prducts in the past, but this was an eye opener and I really dig the new F-150.

www.thetruthabouttrucks.com

Watch and be stunned!

No matter who paid for it, you see it with your own eyes. Normally I am very sceptically about that stuff, but that's pretty cut and dry. Take it for what it's worth, but I still think that spoke volumes on the new F-150 and what Ford put into that truck. Will I buy one tomorrow (NO) how about in a year again NO, when the time comes for me to get a new truck I will seriously consider the F-150 now.

With my slow dial up, is it worth waiting for to watch? :applause: or should I find something funner to do, like hit myself in the nuts with a hammer :eek:😛

lol well it was entertaining but no, probably not worth the wait.

In a nutshell "Fords frames are stronger and tougher than anyone elses" (even though in all my years of being around HARD worked farm trucks I've never seen a fullsize truck of any brand have frame issues. Ford beefed up something thats never been a problem anyway. They claim chevy's C channel frames are weak when the truth of the matter is you'd have to load the truck 3 times its rating to hurt the frame (and even then you'd break springs or blow tires before you cracked the frame) All ford's boxed frame does is make the trucks drive like crap.

Theres several more points about other parts of the F150, but you get the idea of what they call "truth" 🙂

How about the NTSB review where a MINI Cooper performs better in a 40 mph crash than a F150?

lol.

The F150 is best frontal crash though.....hmm.

Who cares about the frame if the body and engine fall to crap.

I mean, you CAN wrap come canvas around it and finish cutting out the floor and make it FLintstones style after that - but dang, you could just take a step up and buy a MINI Cooper....

Cowboy, arnt SFA GM's prone to frame breakage at the stearing box? I know that thats a fullsize truck and the frame broke?? That is a big problem and almost all SFA GMs that see any offroad or hard work will break.

Cowboy, arnt SFA GM's prone to frame breakage at the stearing box? I know that thats a fullsize truck and the frame broke?? That is a big problem and almost all SFA GMs that see any offroad or hard work will break.

The only time I've ever seen that happen is when the truck is used for stuff that trucks clearly aren't built for (jumping, dropping the front axle from 8ft in the air at the end of a truck pull run, ect) and even then its rare.

Geez people, can't you see the light! LOL

Seriously, Ford stepped up their game on this truck. As far as I am concerned it's about time, as everything in the past has been crap!!!!

Geez people, can't you see the light! LOL

Seriously, Ford stepped up their game on this truck. As far as I am concerned it's about time, as everything in the past has been crap!!!!

I agree, the new F150 is easily the best ford ever built, its WAY better than anything they've built in the past. :eek:

It still falls short of GM's quality and durability by a longshot though. :applause:

I agree, the new F150 is easily the best ford ever built, its WAY better than anything they've built in the past. :eek:

It still falls short of GM's quality and durability by a longshot though. :applause:

along with my ties at the proving grounds ( and god you should see the ford and doge fail there )

ford had to make a box to keep the things from breaking in half from just behind the ft motor mount areas, ( we have many of these still in litigation )

dodges will fold up on a ft end hit of 7 to 11 mph and ruin the thing even tho they claim a 45 mph hit wont hurt it,

i admit the ford 1/2 ton is a very good design, but it is heavy and still dose not hold up compaired to gm

This is not a fault.

The problem doesn't happen under any kind of normal usage. I know all the mud run guys around here reinforce the frame around the steering box as a matter of routine when they set the truck up but that is to be expected.

LOL, did anyone else note that after the frame discussion that they quite comparing to Dodge....

I want to see a comparison of EVERY FULL SIZE make, in EVERY SINGLE catagory!!

THey don't show Dodge half the time, they show Toyota a handful of times, and Nissan only half the time too.

I'm also curious - do they compare, comparable models? Titan off-road? Tundra SR5, or a TRD equipped? GM With Z71?

By the way - I took a look at the hinges on my E250 work van. Fairly sturdy. Didn't move much.

I did the same to my Tacoma, and I was JAMMING the door. Absolutely NO movement at ALL.

That new Honda truck actually looks pretty nice. It looks pretty nice in that commercial with the dirtbikes in the back :applause:

That new Honda truck actually looks pretty nice. It looks pretty nice in that commercial with the dirtbikes in the back :applause:

I have seen a few of those at the track and some trailheads. I got to say, it's not my cup of tea.

But hey, I don't have to buy it... :eek:

Cowboy look at a bunch of SFA Chevy trucks, at least 70% of them will be broken or in the process of breaking(hairline cracks around bolt holes), my dads was broken along the frame across the bolt holes throughout the whole frame rail. It sees only light offroad use, and occasional towing, on 31inch tires.