Sign in to follow this  

Triple clamp torque specs?

those things scare me,

i go 12 on the bottom and 14 on the top :applause:

i have seen more screwed up uppers from overtightening them :eek:

I dont torque them, I lightly tighten them. I dunno works for me., No kinks in the forks yet!

The Honda manual doesn't specify both foot pegs but does call out "side stand mounting bolts" 41 lb upper and 29 lower. I would think that would apply to both of the foot pegs. That's what I used for both.. Jack

The upper triple clamp is 17ft/lbs and the lower is 15ft/lbs. This is very important because overtightening can cause binding inside the fork and too loose can allow the forks to twist while riding.

Stock is 14 bottom 17 top. RG3 23 top 18 bottom. I dont know why the difference!

Honda torqure specs I think are designed to sell parts. Stripped parts....

14 is all you need on all the clamp bolts. Same with the axle pinch bolts too...

Normally I'll hit them with some Maxima Chain wax (threads and under the head) prior to installing also..keeps them from corroding and gives you a nice smooth torque.

Honda torqure specs I think are designed to sell parts. Stripped parts....

14 is all you need on all the clamp bolts. Same with the axle pinch bolts too...

Normally I'll hit them with some Maxima Chain wax (threads and under the head) prior to installing also..keeps them from corroding and gives you a nice smooth torque.

Shawn is correct, be carefull.

the way the clamp wraps on these you can run 10 and they wont move,

infact i have seen big name guys go 10 and never have a problem.

but i get stuff in all the time where the anodizing is worn off and the bushing are trash in the tube at the lower clamp where the guy had it to tight and it egg shaped it :applause: