Sign in to follow this  

anybody ridin so. oregon july 31st

I'm traveling by south oregon off hwy 5 and am lookin to ride sunday july 31st. anybody gonna be there??

were in oregon Im hitting sand lake 30th-3ed then down to florence 4th - 11th.

where is sand lake? I'm going to end up in florence visiting. I'll ride the dunes mon, tues and maybe wed and thurs. then off to crater lake area.

Sand lake is just south of tillamook, you will be south of that.

Just south of florence are two other dune areas within 45miles. The first one you will come by is Winchester Bay, a good place to go watch some really fast guys. It is the area that many of the sand drag tuners use to dial their rigs in.

The second one is the Horsefall area just north of North Bend/Coos Bay. It is the largest area and often has the fewest people out there. It is definately large enough to get temporarily lost in.

Racinace lives in reedsport and knows some trails in that area as well.

There are also some areas in the Grants Pass area but I'm not sure how to get to them.

I'll most likely be riding somewhere that day, near bend or near tillamook. PM me if you will be near ethier place and want to ride.

I don't bother with the dunes.

I know many of the Grants Pass areas, but unfort. will not be around then...sorry...

Many/Most of the BLM areas will be "Closed" for Fire Season then also...

Redrider5, on your way to Crater Lake, you'll pass Prospect OHV area right on HWY 62, send the family up the road to Crater Lake and enjoy the ride. Really not too much to do up at Crater Lake beside look at the lake. :eek: We may be back from Washougal. :applause:

i have that area picked out. we'll drop into crater lake from the north, circle the lake once and head down 62 to camp out....what kind of riding is at prospect??

There is some nice single track, but unfort. it is all spread out and totals less than 20mi.

Have to do nearly 100mi of logging rd to connect it all up...

Beautiful area though...

The best thing to do is get a map, usually at the parking area's. You can hook up some fun rides with minimun of fire road usage. Depending on ability of those with you #2 (West Trail) in the southwest corner is fun, #23 (Golden Stairs) # 21 (Round Top). We have a 60 + mile loop we do with about 2/3 of it non-fire road. We'll head north on #2 the connect with #23 and just stay west as much as possible. The map rally helps. :applause:

Unfortunatly the 05 trail system maps are not out yet. I saw one last night at the Motorcycle Riders Assn. meeting but it was in the hands of the Forest Service Sweco (trial building cat) operator and he said they finalized the maps yesterday and will be printed soon but not yet. He didn't say exactly how soon. :applause:

Jim

We went the 4th and luckily took our old map. :applause: How was camping there Jim, saw you loading up as we entered.

It was some what dusty, but I was up there to check trails for trees across them. Of coarse I HAD to ride my bike to get to them. I cleared the Union Creek trail on the 3rd only to find a sign at the Thousand Springs end that said "Trail Closed due to logging". I found out at the M.R.A. meeting on Wednesday that it was an old sign from last year and the logging is all done so the sign is now removed. I think that I cut out between 15 and 20 trees from across that one trail.. It was hot and dusty and the mosquitoes thought I was a tasty tidbit but I prevailed. I ran into NW JOHN, who was over from Roseburg. He & his group cleared Minihaha before Blair & Jamie got to it.

All in all I had a great time other than the bonehead people camped next to me. They were riding around in the dark in the parking lot with a super loud CRF 450 and stirring up dust every time they came into camp. they were about as thoughtful and considerate as any abnormal quar rider. Oh yeah, they had those also. Well now aren't you glad that you asked? :applause:

Jim

It was some what dusty, but I was up there to check trails for trees across them. Of coarse I HAD to ride my bike to get to them. I cleared the Union Creek trail on the 3rd only to find a sign at the Thousand Springs end that said "Trail Closed due to logging". I found out at the M.R.A. meeting on Wednesday that it was an old sign from last year and the logging is all done so the sign is now removed. I think that I cut out between 15 and 20 trees from across that one trail.. It was hot and dusty and the mosquitoes thought I was a tasty tidbit but I prevailed. I ran into NW JOHN, who was over from Roseburg. He & his group cleared Minihaha before Blair & Jamie got to it.

All in all I had a great time other than the bonehead people camped next to me. They were riding around in the dark in the parking lot with a super loud CRF 450 and stirring up dust every time they came into camp. they were about as thoughtful and considerate as any abnormal quad rider. Oh yeah, they had those also. Well now aren't you glad that you asked? :applause:

Jim

They packed up when we left. We ran into them at the other play area, by 68 & 2. :applause: I tried to get Mr. Stagg to come up, but he had to hang at home that weekend. :eek:

That weekend is "Dune Fest"...I'm currently temporarily working in Reedsport till Sept. 2nd. Should I have brought my bike? I can go get it, but I'm not crazy about riding the sand. Anyone down here want to hook up on a weekend in August? Let me know.

what about southwest oregon, grants pass area?? I'm goin to camp out for the nite sat the 30th....ride alittle sat early evening and sunday morning. just wonderin exactly where I should go? national forest? ohv park?? any info would help.