Sign in to follow this  

Looking for shock covers

I dont know if they make them for dirt bikes but I have seen them on quads.

They are some sort of material kind of like water proof jean stuff. The go over the fork and keep dirt, mud and sand from hitting the chrome part(down leg? whatever) and the fork seals.

anyone seen these? Where can I get some? What are they called?

Thanks

SC

Here are the different shockwears you are looking for, and yes they do help keep the shock seal cleaner and is perfect for dune riding so you can take your mud flap off for clearance.

link for shockwears.

Seal Savers are for forks, not shocks...

WELL BRYAN LOOK AT WHAT HE SAID

TO PROTECT THE BOTTOM OF THE FORK DOWN TUBE

DUDE

AND A FORK IS A SHOCK ABSORBER JUST IN THE FROM AND I THINK SEAL SAVERS IS WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT

Thanks. I was looking for both actually. I didn't know what they where called. I guess I should have been more clear. Gotta keep the sand out of the new bike.

Thanks again :applause:

What Is The Main Job Of The Fork

To Absorb Shock

Hensfoureth Shock Absorber

Agreed.

Gene, I'm not arguing w/ you here. I know you know the different between the shock and fork. But, in my experience, the most commonly used terminology for the rear is shock and fork for the front.

For example, http://racetech.com/SubMenu.asp?cMenu=16&c=Yes&showPage=dirt

Under products, Racetech lists "shocks" and "forks". I was clarfying for the sake of the thread, not to prove you wrong. The thread title and thread body conflich each other. :applause:

Thanks. I was looking for both actually. I didn't know what they where called. I guess I should have been more clear. Gotta keep the sand out of the new bike.

Thanks again :applause:

Hey, you causing trouble? :eek:😛🙂