Sign in to follow this  

First REAL ride on the DRZ

That includes before my rebuild....I've just not had any time on the bike till today. Let me tell you, I LOVE IT!!!! :eek:๐Ÿ˜›

I took it a couple miles down the road (I'm not inspected yet ๐Ÿ˜› ) I'll do that tomorrow. Then I hopped on this old railroad track that's been torn up for a trail....only real trail around here that bikes are allowed on. Was a nice little ride...only went maybe 15 miles or so total. But man I love this bike...wish I could have ridden it before the rebuild more though so I could compare what the big bore kit did for me. One thing I thought of while riding is that I should get an inexpensive digital cam to put in my bag, I saw some turkeys and some nice river areas. Just wanted to share my experience.

Did notice right before I got home it sounded like it got a bit more rattly so I'm gonna adjust the MCCT again after supper. :applause:

๐Ÿ™‚

AWESOME! :eek:

It is good to hear that you are riding again! Digital cams are great....... Uhh unless ur like me, get lazy, and not upload the pictures. :applause:

Have fun!!!

good news :eek: I wanna do the Anathena 436 kit, and do a Hot Cams intake....just loading up on other impressions first :applause:

As for the rattling....it is normal for these engines do rattle a bit once hot...I wouldn't adjust your MCCT until either burned or bronco78 give some input...even 10 guy ๐Ÿ™‚

Most likely your mcct is still set correctly but it wouldn't hurt to check to make sure.

I carry a small minolta digital camera in a neoprene pouch attached to the front of my chest protector. It is only a 2 meg one so the pics aren't the greatest but are fine for smaller prints. The good thing is that when I fall if I ever break it I won't be out much money for it.

I 've seen some of these video storage places you can upload to for free . Just wondering if you upload to these sites and provide a link to view the video, everytime it gets downloaded will you end up getting charged?

I saw the free account only allow like 130 meg download?

I don't quite understand , but I wouldn't mind doing a little video if I got a camera.

Good on ya! What the hell's your name and where do you live again?! Oh yeah, I remember now, the kid from NH...yeah, it's comin' back to me...Glad you had a good first ride and you got a hell of a lot more bike now that you started with so be careful...you know I'm comin' to SC if you don't wear your helmet...Ya, go ahead and laugh...like I'm gonna find you in SC! Ride safe, Jason... :eek::applause:๐Ÿ™‚

Good on ya! What the hell's your name and where do you live again?! Oh yeah, I remember now, the kid from NH...yeah, it's comin' back to me...Glad you had a good first ride and you got a hell of a lot more bike now that you started with so be careful...you know I'm comin' to SC if you don't wear your helmet...Ya, go ahead and laugh...like I'm gonna find you in SC! Ride safe, Jason... ๐Ÿ™‚:applause:๐Ÿ˜›

๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜› No worries on the helmet, I do little more than push my bike down the driveway without my helmet. Good luck trying to find me in SC ๐Ÿ˜›

So I'm hearing that the bike picks up a little more noise after it gets warm? Good to know so taht I don't freak out everytime it starts to rattle a little more after a good 1 hour ride or so. :eek:

Yeah, I think you'll hear a little more noise after it warms up. A good time to pull the valve cover again and check valve clearance and see just how tight your MCCT really is...I always feel better after doing that. Be a good boy and wear your helmet now so I don't have to come to SC and give you my size 10 White's Smokejumper in the kazoo! Have fun! ๐Ÿ˜›:eek::snore::snore: I just did a valve check on mine ๐Ÿ™‚ Haven't moved since I re-shimmed last winter ๐Ÿ˜› Tomorrow I will go over the Continental Divide and put about 150 miles on, mostly off-road, wish you were here...I'd show you some new country :snore::snore::snore: I saw a big grizzly and a otter down along the river tonight and two grizzlies across the lake ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜› They don't like the DRZ so I spend less time climbing trees than I did when I hiked all the time ๐Ÿ˜› I spent the better part of a day up a tree because of a bull moose one time while fishing across the "Hump"...every time I'd come down Mr. Moose would come back and put me back up the tree... I have as much respect for moose as grizzlies and can tell you that Counter Assault pepper spray works as good on one as the other ๐Ÿ˜›:mad::snore: In Sept. when they rut they get a little crazy :snore::snore::snore: I guess if we only got to "rut" once a year we might be a little crazier than we are :applause::snore::snore::snore:

Ross....I'm laughing my a$$ off picturing that moose running you up a tree :applause:

yeah , but i know bears can climb trees too.So what do you do,what do you do ?

Hope for a moose!!!!

yeah , but i know bears can climb trees too.So what do you do,what do you do ?

Black bears can climb...grizzlies very rarely do, their claws are not designed for it like black bears. Generally black bears are much less aggressive than the grizzly. No trees, then you hope the pepper spray works. I like seein' 'em. They are honest, impressive animals with a high degree of intelligence. I can't say the same for moose especially if you run across one in a pissy mood. :applause::eek:๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ˜›

Black bears can climb...grizzlies very rarely do, their claws are not designed for it like black bears. Generally black bears are much less aggressive than the grizzly. No trees, then you hope the pepper spray works. I like seein' 'em. They are honest, impressive animals with a high degree of intelligence. I can't say the same for moose especially if you run across one in a pissy mood. :eek:๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›

Moose are one of the most dangerous animals because they are very inconsistent in their behavior, one time they will totally ignore you the next they will charge.

Grizzlies are a bit on the large side to really be climbing trees. The good thing about bears is that 99% of the time they want to get away from you as much as you want to get away from them.

Ross - I may just have to make a trip to montana for a tour :applause:

Moose are one of the most dangerous animals because they are very inconsistent in their behavior, one time they will totally ignore you the next they will charge.

Grizzlies are a bit on the large side to really be climbing trees. The good thing about bears is that 99% of the time they want to get away from you as much as you want to get away from them.

Ross - I may just have to make a trip to montana for a tour :applause:

10guy...you just name the time! I have fine if not fancy accommodations here at Duck Lake, I'm not a bad cook or at least my wife isn't :eek: and I make a hell of a guide. It would be my pleasure to show you some new country. Like we say in Montana, the latch string is always out. I took the "inside North Fork road" ( North Fork of the Flathead) today (240 miles round trip including Going-to-the Sun Road) up the west side of the Park. 50 miles, one way, of single lane road, rough as hell, some great whoops, and met about 6 outfits. Saw 2 black bears, 1 big grizzly and many big whitetail bucks all in the velvet. Also some elk...Kintla Lake is just a few miles from BC, Canada. End of road and about as pretty as it gets. I'll get around to posting some pics one of these days. Welcome, welcome... ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›

Going to the sun road.......always wanted to take a bike on it. Last time I was there I was just a kid on a family vacation. We were in a motorhome and the whole time I was thinking about taking a bike on it.

Sun road is something I want to do on a bike also. We get up there once a year with the fifth wheel so only get to take the crew cab through the park. I have to get over the sun road at least once a year. Can't hardly live without it.

I've never made it to Kintla. Road is just to rough in a pickup. Been to Quartz a couple of times. Best part of the park as you get away from most of the people.