Sign in to follow this  

First MX Crash-Who am I again????

So I've been practicing for about 6 weeks now and I entered my first race at Noise Park in Idaho this past saturday. I am 28 so I am about 10-15 years late getting started at this.

There were two races per class for the day and the first race I placed 9th out of 15 :applause: . I was happy with my performace. I only had one time I laid the bike down going around a turn.

The second race however, I way overshot a tabletop and I endoed face first into the dirt. It would have been perfect if there was a landing there, but I was getting a little too excited. I got TOTALLY knocked out. I woke up and instinctivly got back on my bike. I later was told that my bike ended up completly upside down. Someone must have helped me back up cause I don't think I could have made it back on by myself.

I rode dazed and confused off of the track and could not recall what I was doing there, who I came with, what we drove or anything. I saw the parking lot and figured I may remember once I saw whoever I came with. I was pretty messed up for about 10-15 minutes when I finally starting coming out of it. At the hospital They said I was ok and everything so I guess I'll be at practice on wed. I consider myself pretty lucky to have no major injuries. I'll just have to ride smarter next time.

Any suggestions on how long to stay off the bike or anything?

Any suggestions on how long to stay off the bike or anything?

Huh?? If you have no broken bones, and are still alive and breathing...GET BACK ON...today....if not sooner....

Haven't you ever heard the old saying about gettin' back on the horse that bucked you off?

:applause:

Glad you are ok, but seriously, unless the doc said no, get back on and ride...

I was at that race on sunday (just spectating), and was wondering if the crash was saturday or sunday? Glad to know your OK.

i dont know, give it a week, ive had two of those knowledge screwing concussions in a six month period, for awhile i got nose bleeds and bad headaches but they are gone now thank goodness you shouldnt rush the healing of your noggin cause if you do it again it's bad for you- not that the first one was good for you but it can get worse, take a break, it's not like your ricky

I would give it a week or so. Your probably ok to ride but if you take another fall like that your more likely to have a worse head injury. Its your call but if it were me I would give it at least a week. Im 25 and have found that I dont heal nearly as easily as I use to.

Concussions are kinda serious. If you are having any 'head-symptoms', go to a neurologist. Seriously. Take care.

Concussions are kinda serious. If you are having any 'head-symptoms', go to a neurologist. Seriously. Take care.

I agree with this post...even a 12 inch plastic trophy isn't worth the potential problems that may persist. Hopefully all is well and you'll be roosting away again soon :applause:

yeah man, go get yourself checked out, i was playing hockey and i got cross checked from behind into the boards..hit my head pretty badly...i woke up rather quickly, tried to get up and skate to the bench and i made it about 3 feet before colapsing, i was taken to the bench and i couldnt remember what had happened or where i was (kinda ridiculous because i was sitting in hockey equipment in a hockey rink) got myself chekc out by a doc. and he told me i shouldnt play again for a few days (which sucked because it was playoffs)...anyway..get ur head checked out..not worth it to be stupid...just my .02