Sign in to follow this  

exhuast questions

My son bought a FMF Powercore IV exhaust off of ebay, brand new in original package- it appears--and it says it is for year 2000 thru 2005, just a few questions, i had to drill the mufflers tab and spacer up near the seat to get it to fit the stock bolt, is that normal? and does the TTR 125 L year 2000 model have an exhaust gasket that needs replaced for installation of this new pipe??

Just want to make sure he didnt get riped off from ebay?? And he is puting it on correctly.

thanks in advance for your help

some of them you will have to drill some dont. it all depends on the brand. as far as exhaust gasket I dont think that you will.

I had an FMF pipe before my BBR, and it went on perfect. NO problems whatsoever. No drilling was needed at all. :applause:

Seems like most big name stuff fits good. However (especially with exhausts) cheaper you go the more fine tuning you do.

O yeah, at the muffler I had to use a dremmel and dremel a larger hole into it(the bike frame hole, where the stock muffler bolted onto). I forgot about that even thoguh it was at the beginning of this year(January). Now I feel stupid, but that is what I had to do. :applause:

I just bolted mine on two weeks ago. It was bolted on in less than 10 minutes. No problems. I probably got mine from the same Ebay source! Cheap!

I used the existing exhaust gasket (brass colored washer).