Sign in to follow this  

Njorvp

Is there anyway I can ride chats by having a letter written stating that both my parents authorize me to ride here, I have a membership and i want to use it, but its pretty wasteful for me to drive there and have my mom follow just to sign me in..

There has to be a way around this..

Rule #13 from the Park website as follows:

13. Parents and/or guardians must not leave children under the age of 18 unattended or alone at the park.

I would have to think that you are 17...

its pretty wasteful for me to drive there

but, I'm sure it is a liability insurance regulation that your Mom or Dad have to be there while you are riding. Should something happen to you, your parents are required to make the decisions for your health and welfare. Since you are under the legal age of reason (18), as a minor, you are not recognized by law, as being capable of making those decisons.

Because so many parents seem to feel that the ORVPark is also a child daycare center, they think it is okay to drop junior off for the day, and let him do whatever he feels like. When junior has a compound fracture of his right arm, and a broken left leg, who is going to decide which hospital to take him to? It isn't the responsibiity of the Park or its employees to make those type of decisions. Since your parents are legally responsible for you until you turn 18, that is another reason the Rule is in existence.

yeah, you're right

funny, i got hurt at a race at raceway park

im pretty sure my dad asked them to take me to centra state (freehold)

but they insisted on some place in old bridge

Insurance companies run the state of new jersey. That's one of the many reason's I'm trying to get out.

I feel for ya my friend. What, just because you're 18 you automatically know how to be responsible for yourself? Just because you're 21 you automatically know how to handle your booze?

It sucks. I hated it when I was between 17 and 25. Old enough to take care of yourself and drive a car but can't drink beer, vote, or sign yourself into a motocross park for an afternoon riding.

I mean, you could be out on the street doing something you're not supposed to. You'd think people would be happy you're riding instead of doing something really dangerous like crack.