Oh no,not this guy.

hey TT'ers!

looks like after 20,000 posts i get to be TT's official jetting expert.

i hope i can be of help.feel free to ask me any jetting questions.i will do my best to lend my 16 years of tuning/professional motorcycle technician/dynojet dyno operator experience.

our plan is get the jetting forum to be a little more lively.

so lets get those bikes tuned to perfection! :applause:

Congratulations Burned!

Answering questions on the jetting forum is a time consuming job, and your experience and inputs will be helping many, many riders. I've truly appreciated the opportunity to have this role on ThumperTalk.com in the past, but time is scarce and difficult to provide consistently. I'm pleased to see you're going to take on the position.

Thanks,

James :applause:

I have a 2003 XR 400 R. It has what I was told is a Mikuni flat slide carb from XR only. It's supposed to be the trick setup. White Brothers E series silencer and a Twin Air filter. Everything else is stock. It has a huge flat spot from idle in the low end to mid range. Top end is fine and I thought it was too lean. But after looking at the plug, it was sooted up and looks rich.

Pumper carb

Main jet DEI-R

Pilot or mid range jet is a 15.

Squirting plenty of fuel out the pumper when you roll the gas on, then it's stalling. Huge flat spot.

Ok, jet expert. I await your expertise. :applause:

Tim

I have a 2003 XR 400 R. It has what I was told is a Mikuni flat slide carb from XR only. It's supposed to be the trick setup. White Brothers E series silencer and a Twin Air filter. Everything else is stock. It has a huge flat spot from idle in the low end to mid range. Top end is fine and I thought it was too lean. But after looking at the plug, it was sooted up and looks rich.

Pumper carb

Main jet DEI-R

Pilot or mid range jet is a 15.

Squirting plenty of fuel out the pumper when you roll the gas on, then it's stalling. Huge flat spot.

Ok, jet expert. I await your expertise. :applause:

Tim

start a new thread.but just quickly,it sounds like it has way to much pump squirt.

Dog gone it Eddie you done got that darn stroker up to 54. Shoot I'm now considering lowering my hp so I can ride out of town blasting more sports machines to pieces. I may have to add a darn stroker to the SM too just so I can. You've got the big fishes mouth watering anyways. Oh to you guys from other forums you best be nice. This is the by far best mechanic in Colo and maybe the whole damn west. So I'd watch my lip if I was you. pdawg :applause::eek:

• 3 weeks later...

:D

ive seized many a 2 stroke in my day trying to find that edge.naturally apsirated 4 strokes?never a issue.when lean they run like such garbage you would have a hard time trying to burn it down.

but really,this is what my 01 drz looked like when i got it 4 years ago.

burned20drz.jpg

that was many make overs ago.

this is that bike just recently.

drz475supermoto035.jpg

this is the drz vs my stock 05 crf.

54hpdrzvsstockcrfhp.jpg

54hpdrzvsstockcrftq1.jpg

wanna race? :D

:D

ive seized many a 2 stroke in my day trying to find that edge.naturally apsirated 4 strokes?never a issue.when lean they run like such garbage you would have a hard time trying to burn it down.

but really,this is what my 01 drz looked like when i got it 4 years ago.

burned20drz.jpg

that was many make overs ago.

this is that bike just recently.

drz475supermoto035.jpg

this is the drz vs my stock 05 crf.

54hpdrzvsstockcrfhp.jpg

54hpdrzvsstockcrftq1.jpg

wanna race? :D

Was that one of those fay myers bikes? If so, how much did you pay for it?

I'm new here and can't find any jetting specs for my RMZ 450. I live in Pittsburgh, PA and I have a full Yoshi ti system with carbon canister pipe on my bike. Just wanted to know if I should rejet or just leave it alone, also this is my 1st 4stroke(I will never go back) and my header gets super hot really quick and even glows if the throttle is held just above idle. My friends say that is normal for a TI exhaust. Do you have any input for me.

Thank You

Jay

Excellent!

I've always had trouble listening to the tech guys around the campfire droning on & on about which performance advice is accurate & which is not. I can't tell which one actually knows his stuff & which one just knows how to talk. I pick up on what makes sense to me & ask guys who've tried it first to see if it works or not before I waste my $ on it.

I wish you the best!

I'm new here and can't find any jetting specs for my RMZ 450. I live in Pittsburgh, PA and I have a full Yoshi ti system with carbon canister pipe on my bike. Just wanted to know if I should rejet or just leave it alone, also this is my 1st 4stroke(I will never go back) and my header gets super hot really quick and even glows if the throttle is held just above idle. My friends say that is normal for a TI exhaust. Do you have any input for me.

Thank You

Jay

you shoudl just start a new thread.

but basically,the stock jetting seems to work really well with just fuel screw adjustments as needed.