Sign in to follow this  

Teraflex 2 report w/full yosh et al w/pics

Just got back from my 4 days of riding in the McLure, PA area and Bald Eagle State Forest of PA. The tera flex 2 performed flawlessly in the muddy, snotty/rocky, slime covered roots. I also added complete yosh rs3 system/3x3 and dj kit before the ride. The bike actually performed better than I thought it would, not a bit of hesitation anywhere and i did a few pretty nasty trails, which are right next to my parents backyard. She's sittin in their driveway just b4 i left to come home in this pic...

http://photobucket.com/albums/b26/levi1864/?action=view&current=2005_0710_075529AA.jpg

i also rode my KDX on some gnarly trails in the BESF, the vista

http://photobucket.com/albums/b26/levi1864/?action=view&current=2005_0709_174809AA.jpg

was well worth the climb from the bottom of a nasty "trail" my uncle and i found ourselves in... if you ride there, pay attention to the markers 🙂

all in all a great ride!

:eek::applause:😛

Cool pics! Thanks for the ride report...where are we going next? :applause: Andrew

here's the marker we missed... note the obstacles, which we were paying attention to...

http://photobucket.com/albums/b26/levi1864/?action=view&current=2005_0709_172132AA.jpg

this is what we saw after the do not enter marker...

http://photobucket.com/albums/b26/levi1864/?action=view&current=2005_0709_172512AA.jpg

you don't get the feel in this shot of the steepness/grade of this hill... it drops about 100 feet in elevation in about 50 yards... we walked down it first to see if there was a way out at the bottom... we found one but didn't know where it went so we decided to go back up this mess... what a sense of accomplishment when we made it :applause:

That's what I found to be the case with these tires since they came out around 15 years ago. They work well anywhere you use them and will find traction where there shoudn't be any. I loved them way back then and still do. prairiedawg :applause:

Tell me that your Full of Yosh. Is it Titanium, or Stainless? How do you like me :applause: ?just bustin yo balls

Here's the model # off of the TT store... I believe its a stainless steel system

C/S RS-3 SS S/A DRZ4/KLX4

It's a great pipe. Some folks don't like it because it's louder than stock, but my mom and wife both remarked to me that it wasn't that loud. My mom has excellent hearing and she said it sounded quiet to her. I really notice a difference from mid to top end rpms... especially with the stock insert. I also bought the TEC insert for $18, it's a little quieter but I noticed the top end performance isn't quite as powerful... with the stock insert, the bike is a rocket ship. I'm guessing it's over 40HP... Plan to get it on the dyno soon. It actually took a lot of getting used to my 1st day in the woods. I had to keep backing off cause I was going so fast so quick. Front wheel comes up easily in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Before, I had to pull on the bars just to get it up in 1st. My first ride I cranked the throttle going about 7mph in 1st and it went into vertical wheelie mode. I'd highly recommend it if you have the $ cause it's not a cheap upgrade. If you do this upgrade, I suggest also doing the 3x3 and DJ kit as burned and others have recommended. Here's a link w/details. I did option 1 of carb/airbox mod. Hope this helps.

http://drz.info/drz/

Just got back from my 4 days of riding in the McLure, PA area and Bald Eagle State Forest of PA.

That's my old riding area growing up...PA Clay so thick that when you got it on the bike it took forever to wash off unless you used a power washer...Tight woods, roots, nothing really ever dries out 'cept for maybe one month a year...Good place to learn to ride...

That's my old riding area growing up...PA Clay so thick that when you got it on the bike it took forever to wash off unless you used a power washer...Tight woods, roots, nothing really ever dries out 'cept for maybe one month a year...Good place to learn to ride...

Agreed

:applause: Wasn't that muddy this past weekend... although the rocks/roots were wet/slimey... the T2 took me up those hills w/no problem :eek:

Where you ridin these days?

Thanks for the update. I totally agree with you that the Tere Flex is a great tire. I rode the 80 mile 'Seven Mountains Dual Sport' through the Bald Eagle State Forest last month and the tire worked great through all the rocks, roots and ruts. Your lucky to have a place like that to ride.

Agreed

:applause: Wasn't that muddy this past weekend... although the rocks/roots were wet/slimey... the T2 took me up those hills w/no problem :eek:

Where you ridin these days?[/quote

I work overseas in Africa...Totally different kind of riding...Wide open 5th gear riding with jumps...Mostly sand and loose soil...