Sign in to follow this  

front brake on ttr 125L

I did the washer mod(actually PVC pipe) on my front forks so I took off my front brake caliper. When i put it back on, the lever doesn't feel right.

Did you make sure the rotor went in between the pads? Did you get the cable back into the slot it has on the forks? Does it feel loose or too tense? Did you put it on right? Did you actually run it to see if the front brake works all good or if it doesnt work? Check all that out and get back to me :applause:

Did you mess with the cable when you took the forks off?

the pads are in between the calipers, cables in slot. The cable feels normal. The lever feels like it isn't pulling anything. and i have run it to check out the preloading washer mod.

Does it work? Is it out of break fluid?

It could be brake fluid, but I dont think it would happen jsut like that. It could also need adjusting :applause: (tighten the cable)

I loosened one of the screws that lead the fluid out of the resorvoir, and when i sqeeezed the lever some squirted out, but it is still pretty much full.

did you squeeze the lever when you had everything apart? You should try bleeding your brakes. My freind had the same problem on his 85, the next door moron came over and started pumping the lever and screwing around with the bike and he couldnt get the pads to separate and allow him to put the wheel back in. He bled it and it fixed the problem.

Did you press the piston back into the caliper when you had it off? Sometimes it helps to do that for reassembly. However, the bleed screw should be loosened when pressing it back in. I didn't (lazy) and the lever didn't feel right after. Bled the line and the lever returned to normal.

I bled the line but it still doesn't feel right. I put the screw back in while the whole caliper was off the wheel and squeezed the lever and the 2 cylinder shaped things didn't move :applause::eek: What does this mean?