Sign in to follow this  

Lift kit

I had, a long, long time ago a Suzuki TSX125 with a lift kit along with other mods. It would run circles all day long around this XT350 I have now, and wanted to know where to go to get the right information on lifting the thing about 3inches and adding to the power delivery.. I thought I could just pull the linkage from the swingarm, but no such luck. Still I got some grease in there after hauling it all apart.

Thanks

CJ

I had, a long, long time ago a Suzuki TSX125 with a lift kit along with other mods. It would run circles all day long around this XT350 I have now, and wanted to know where to go to get the right information on lifting the thing about 3inches and adding to the power delivery.. I thought I could just pull the linkage from the swingarm, but no such luck. Still I got some grease in there after hauling it all apart.

Thanks

CJ

yeah that's what i would do too if i was in the same situation.

Ok, so I know very little about these little single cylinder mopeds, but I do know that my 350 is mistaken for a 125pizza delivery bike and both of my feet sit flat on the ground at a traffic light. I want the seat to be higher so that I can look a bit more threatening to the death squad trying to kill my arse... Do any of you understand that? No, I dont want to spend any money on a longer nicer shock as all my funds go to the real bike....which by the way can be raised and lowered easily with shims on a whim... I knew I should have out for a GSXR600 for my city bike!!

CJ

Yeah I know what you are talking about, don't know if you can buy lift kits or anything for bikes though. Your best bet would probably be to visit a mchine or fabrication shop and get them to weld a longer mount at the bottom or top of the rear shock. Then after that your bike would most likely lean forward due to a lower fork. I don't think you could do much to the fork except weld longer mounts also at the bottom.

By the way it's very unlikely that the welds in either of these suggestions owuld hold up in anything harder than street riding.

What about getting some stiffer springs for the front forks and rear shock? Crank the adjuster up on the rear? It might not give you 3 inches but it will take all the sag out of the suspension.

Ah.. sensible replies to what I considered a valid question.. I have the shock preload turned all the way up and the forks as far through the yokes as I dare! The idea of welding anything to the shock or mounts doesnt appeal or else I would have already done it.. I guess my best bet is to find a midget and see if he wants to trade his KTM.. Perhaps what i need is a longer shock, period.

Next stupid question is how do I get a bit more grunt out of the thing.. The airbox is stock as is the exhaust. Can anyone point me in the right direction in squeezing a few ponies from an XT? CJ

CJ

By the sounds of it your looking for MX bike performance out of a 30 year old designed enduro that was made for mostly putting around town and getting from a to b sometime in the future. They are not nor ever will be a powerhouse. Short of rebuilding the motor with a big bore and high comp piston, porting, Mega cam, full exhaust, better/bigger carbs, the power it has is all there ever will be. Get a plated IT490 ! 😉

Edited by jjktmrider