Sign in to follow this  

Ttr-50e

chassis wise they are basicaly the same, with the only real difference being that the ttr has 3 motor mount points instead of 2, which is deffinitly better. other than that i think its basically pick what color you like better... assuming there is enough aftermarket support for it (which i think there will be, seeing as its very similar to the honda).

motor wise, well yamaha already has bore kits... so it will just grow from there.

ive come across sites that are already advertising upcoming parts for the tt-r50...ide wait for the aftermarket companies first cuz i dont know if u have seen gyt-r's prices..they seem expensive unless they are going to compete with the other companies prices..we will all have to wait and see

Id get it because its about $200 cheaper LOL....But my dad would probably want to spend the extra $200 to go red.

$200 cheaper, has electric start, but is a bit more pudgy, and its a different color. Its a trade-off game i guess. Its real nice to see other manufacter's making giving people choices. Maybe a YZ60 next? Or YZ50? Heck how about a YZ85 BW or YZ105?

Maybe a YZ60 next? Or YZ50?

You realise that Yamaha used to make both those models ???

My first MX bike was a YZ50J something like 22 years ago.... :eek:Yz50.jpg

I just wish i could get my hands on one now..... :applause:

If it would have came out more like the Polini with something more to offer it might have made it over the fence. A square bore five valve screamer might have made someone wake up and take notice. I almost nodded off after seeing the picture and going thru the specs. I guess if you're a true Yamaha fan you might want to build one, but blue plastic on a Honda will get you a lot further ahead, and paying twice as much for upgrades if the aftermarket doesn't jump in will sink it. By the way, they already made a YZ60, a long, long time ago...

seems like a decent bike and i think teh after market companies will get behin it because the engines are similar and only slight modifications will have to be ade to existing crf50 products to fit the bike and it could possibly increase there market by 40-50%.

in teh specs what is with the heated carby

the heated carb just warms the air up so that it helps the bike when you start it cold. Seems contradictory though. Cooler air gives more horsepower, so why heat it. It also keeps the bore from icing over. When you take air and accelerate it through throttle plates or the venturi it cools down and can freeze. Im not sure exaclty if it can get that cold on a bike that small but it happens on cars.

but anyways, the ttr50 is awesome. I am glad to see somebody else making a 50 besides honda. I would get one over the xr just because it's new and not many people will have one. Nothing against the honda though.

For a pitbike, the electric start is not any good, just extra weight. I mean we should be strong enough to start a pitbike-lol. The aftermarket parts are expensive from GYTR, but if you wait a couple of months they will come down. The only problem is that in order to fit it, it seems like you have to spend $400 which is about the same price as a CRF with a barkit. I ride a yz105. I am sick of bigboring the stock 85 motor, I wish they would build a stock 105 like the ktm with the Force reed system, that would be GREAT, especially with big wheels.

I only bought it to mess around on when I'm not riding a real motorcycle...I don't care about the weight and it's hardly noticable compared to the crf50.

For a pitbike, the electric start is not any good, just extra weight. I mean we should be strong enough to start a pitbike-lol. The aftermarket parts are expensive from GYTR, but if you wait a couple of months they will come down. The only problem is that in order to fit it, it seems like you have to spend $400 which is about the same price as a CRF with a barkit. I ride a yz105. I am sick of bigboring the stock 85 motor, I wish they would build a stock 105 like the ktm with the Force reed system, that would be GREAT, especially with big wheels.
I recently shattered my hip and pelvis, e-start would be great because right now i can't stress that leg. :ride:

Also for little kids its great. It's hard for them to learn when they worry that if they fall, dad needs to walk over to fire the bike. It's good for the little tike's confidence. 😛

Estart is cool, if you get your undies in a bundle over 10 lbs... :applause: