Sign in to follow this  

tire and rim

Hey guys i am a newbe with changing tires. I have an 05 400s and i still have the deathwings on!!!!!!!!! They are an injury wating to happen LOL!!!! I want to put dot knobies on but I know they will not be safe on the road. I do 70% on road and 20% off, the 20% is hard riding in the south New Jersey deep, whooped out sand. I had the idea of buying dunlop 606 or perreli mt21 tires. But then I thought about it and was thinking i am going to buy tires that will suck on the pavement and still suck in the deep sand. I have the idea of buying a stock suzuki rear rim complete with the hub,bearing and spoks and maybe a larger rear sprocket to mount a very aggresive rear tire. Changing the front is not as bad as the rear.

My question is how much do you think a new suzuki rear rim is, and is there anything cheeper like an aftermarket rim or if anyone is selling a used rim. Is there such sites that you can buy OEM parts cheep. I was also wondering what is the largest rear sprocket I can use with the stock chain.

Thank you for all of your input and help

Eric

Others will be more qualified to answer this - but here's the link for the TT Store for OEM parts:

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/announcement.php?f=25&announcementid=40

It is also in the announcement banner in the DRZ Forum. You can build you own wheel from the catalog, at TT prices.

I read that people use East Coast Wheels, they seem to cost less than OEM, but like I said - hopefully others will help ya.