Sign in to follow this  

Keihin FCR needle identification

I'm jetting the FCR for my DRZ per burned recommendations. I got the EMM needle from Sudco, part 017-261. Upon reading the needle itself (under a lighted magnifying glass) it reads: 0CFMM. I could see where someone could mistake the "F" for an "E" (since the markings are so small) and have possibly packaged it wrong. The thing is, unless I missed it, Sudco doesn't list an "F"MM needle. Is the needle I have the right one? I'd just like to be sure before I put this thing together.

Thanks.

I've looked it over very carefully and it's definitely an "F" instead of an "E". The numbers and letters that are there, while small, are very uniformly and clearly stamped. I'd try to post a picture, but I'm about positive that there's no way it would be visible in a pic.

Well, here's the best effort I could make at getting a pic to show what I mean. The "F" is the letter centered in the pic. It actually looks more like a "P" in the picture, but trust me, it looks like an "F" when holding it in your hand and looking at it under a lighted magnifying glass. If nothing else, I think the pic does show that there's no lower horizontal line on the "F". (The line that distinguishes an "E" from an "F") Like I say, the entire # on the needle is 0CFMM, yet I don't see an FMM as being a needle listed by Sudco, so I'm not sure what to think?

P7110017copy%2EJPG

Looks like there should be a part number for FMM. It goes FML (017-320) to FMN (017-322)

You very well may have gotten an FMM needle that was misplaced from Keihin and the guy @ Sudco didnt look close enough at it.

I'm starting to think that's the case. I'll call Sudco in the morning and see if they'll double check another EMM needle and get it on its way to me. You're right about there being a 017-321 missing between the 320 and 322. Looks like I might have mistakenly gotten the "missing link" needle. Is there any reason I should hang on to this FMM needle for future tuning, or would it not be of any use for my bike?

Thanks.

I got in touch with Sudco. They say that there's no such thing as an FMM needle and that mine is probably just a poor stamping of the letter "E". I said I'd feel better if they'd send me another needle with a clear "E" on it and they obliged. I'll send this one back to them and they can do with it as they see fit.

Thanks for the replies.